Japanese players telling it how it is

I found this on the Souls Wiki Forum, and I thought I would transfer it here.

Turn on English subtitles and prepare for the hand of truth to *** smack you in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUTRSc8Bhzg

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Please don't swear never the less quite an intriguing video.

I think three stars won't poison your virgin eyes.

See that's the type of behavior no one likes please don't be immature i would make a statement back but i fear you lack the intellect to understand it.

So you call me immature, then proceed to patronize me as if you're any better?

Get out.

Do continue your an amusing.

It would be cool if it had anything to do with Dark Souls.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

It would be cool if it had anything to do with Dark Souls.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Fighting games aren't Dark Souls. They also don't really use the best of terms to get their point across.

"Fighting games aren't Dark Souls"
Except for the part where you fight each other? 

It's street fighter but oh well. The ideology is exactly the same.

I see no value in that video whatsoever.

[quote user="El Negro JimBob"]

"Fighting games aren't Dark Souls"
Except for the part where you fight each other? 

It's street fighter but oh well. The ideology is exactly the same.

[/quote]

Too many variables between them. That's like saying Halo is like Ridge Racer because at some points you drive a Warthog. The 2D playing field, string of combos and special attacks, coupled with the limited area and mobility, added with the countdown for both players to begin at the same time doesn't exactly sound like Dark Souls to me.

Just because you can fight people in Dark Souls does not qualify it under the same spectrum as an actual fighting game. Dark Souls is quite a bit more unpredictable with the varying weapons, armor, items, and tactics you can use and utilize to your advantage as well as the 3D playing field. You can be ambushed or set up one yourself, trail an enemy with you to their own death, stalk them until the time is right, etc.

I'm not sure what you meant by posting the video, but it wasn't exactly construed well and the choices of words they used seemed extremely sketchy, at best. I don't mean the subtitles were bad, but it comes by in a different light when you hear someone state they'll win under any circumstances and then they label hacking and cheating as examples. Not the best choice of words.