Its sad how much mulitplayer gaming has changed on live over the years!

I am a orginal xbox live beta tester, I can remember when multiplayer games had long life spans and everyone used a headset! Some of my best live memories were playing Ghost Recon and Unreal. I use to have 2 xbox and with Unreal you could turn your Xbox into a server. I use to run my own Unreal server and I met many people and had many good times forsure.

Fast forward to today and unless a game is Halo, COD, or BF. The gaming community for the game is dead in 2 months or less. And no one hardly uses a headset on live anymore. Live sucks now! I tried to find a mp game of Crysis 2 last night and I tired for 20 minutes and couldn't find a single game so I gave up.

Are there any other live Beta testers out there who remember how awesome Live use to be?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think its mostly because this generation is nearing the end of its days.

Once next gen hits I have a feeling things will come together again. Im not too excited for next gen myself as of now but I know a majority of the gaming community is. 

I never played OG XBL but I played 360's early years on live and I enjoy it the same as I did before as I do now. With party chat you don't hear too many people anymore but it's not bad, I actually like the silence most of the time instead of listening to homophobic racist 13yr olds and brodudes talking about how many more girls, weed and alcohol they will have, smoke and drink than I and how my mother is the most obscene person on the planet.

[quote user="Moshed Brotatoe"]

I think its mostly because this generation is nearing the end of its days.

Once next gen hits I have a feeling things will come together again. Im not too excited for next gen myself as of now but I know a majority of the gaming community is. 

[/quote]I sure hope your right, I really miss the old days of Live.

Greg

People do use headsets, its just they stick to party chat now.

-

Now and again you will stumble across a few not in party chat mind, but its hit or miss on whether they are cool, or singing too you!!!

It's not as good as it used to be imo. There are way too many people playing now than before. I pretty much only play with friends now. There are too many emo people out there. Cheaters, hackers, modders etc are running a muck now.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Nope not sad at all. It's amazing how big XBL has gotten thanks to great games like Halo and CoD.

I think CoD games are a major cause in the downturn of LIVE.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

I think CoD games are a major cause in the downturn of LIVE.

[/quote]+1

I have to agree with you once COD went main stream the quailty of Live players went down the toilet. And it killed off the MP of any game that was not Halo, Gears or COD. Believe it or not but people use to play other MP games.

yeah thats why I play gmod. I meet cool people and make friends. I am addicted to cod, But I only talk to my friends for obvious reasons.