It's here: 'Call of Duty' Sets Sights on a Fee starting with MW3

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

-------------

It's a monthly optional fee. So I wonder how this will work at for them.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh dear...

Okay, just finished that article along with many other things.

Kotick says that you don't have to pay for the subscription for their Call of Duty Elite thing.

However, knowing him, not paying for that subscription may set you into an awkward position.

the nuts that bobby kotick has.......

battlefield 3 it is

Between COD's horrible direction (IMO), this optional fee that will likely leave you feeling like you don't have the full experience, and Battlefield 3/Skyrim coming out around the same time, MW2 is lucky to even be a Christmas game for me.

That's bullshit. If you get stupid things with a fee I will never play MW3 and that makes me sad. I can understand games that don't sell as well having a fee for online or dlc guns or some *** but now that it moves to the most popular franchise it's a little lame. I'm not even clear if this is for MW3 or that other game that are putting out but it's definitely a step in the wrong direction.

The fee may be optional but the free version of the MP will most likely recieve no support, no updates, suffer horrible lag, and be infested with the worst types of gamers. Just watch...it will happen.

For once, I'm actually agreeing with the complainers... I still think we should wait and see what sorts of things are announced for it, but its sounding like non-paying users of the service are going to get left in the dust.

I mean, even the name screams advantage. "Call of duty-elite"?

But hey, at least they're not charging for multiplayer

no pay for me,if you get screwed with the free service i wont be playing it simple

I enjoy playing MP.But theres no way in hell i will be paying more $$ to play a game.

I knew this crap was gonna start happening.Oh well,there millions of other kick butt games out there.

And how is that gonna even out with the pay players and no pay players?What someone that pays will get better weapons,maps,etc??Crazy...