It's just a game!

I work for GameStop and so far since release my store has had at least 5 returns "due to the racism" in the game. It's just a game. I played through and I didn't find it at all bothered me. This is how America was during early 1900's. And they have been female gamers who've returned the games. 
So I'm just asking for your opinion on the game and 'racism' matter. Did it bother you? Or do you think it added to the game? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It may have added to the time-line in the game but I don't it added anything of value to the game. It didn't really bother me tho as racism is everywhere you look now a days a white man can't even look at a black a wrong way cuase it will be perceived as being racist why this kind of thing bothers people is beyond me. slavery is a thing of the past (at least in most places) but when ever its brought up in a game or a movie people will sh#t bricks and cry about it.

It's kind of stupid of those customers to be upset about it as the game itself isn't racist, it depicts characters that are... as well as many that aren't.

-

It's like being offended by Django Unchained, Roots, Amistad or other similar films because they depict slavery and racism.

It's definitely a silly thing to be mad at but I'm not surprised at all about the returns. I'm black and I know that the game is set in that time period so it did not bother me one bit. Even the racism in today's world I ignore, it's not worth the time to get all worked up about it. But people seem to be much more sensitive now for some reason. You can barely do anything in games without people trying to protest and make complaints. DI: Riptide CE had to apologize for a zombie torso, BL2 had to change Gaige's skill tree from Girlfriend Mode to Best Friends Mode, Tomb Raider's death scenes are too brutal, etc... Ridiculous.

It's rated "M" for Mature. If people get that offended by something made up as a video game then I shutter to think what happens when they go to the movies, or better yet go outside.

America- Land of the free, home of the easily offended!  People are awesome.  I am amazed that here in 'merica that we kill each other every day on the streets and no one really gives a F*** but god forbid someone creates a movie or game depicting the way our country used to be and everyone is in an uproar......we seem to be more energetic towards the past than what is right in front of our face each day.  

show a nipple and watch this country REALLY freak out, lol

America is a little over sensitive and over react to anything that puts them in a bad light its like todays world some people are racist some arnt people need to grow up I remember reading up on assassin's creed making Washington a bad guy people freaked about that as well.

The racism in the game puts things in perspective, against today's so-called racism. It also paints a message that it's bad, and not good to be racist. So people ought to relax and take it in context. Just like I did, as a Christian and a conservative, with other themes/elements of the game.

Key word being it is a GAME. It isn't real. Are these same people offended when they go to the movies? Heck, I hear people every day say things far more offending than anything in this made up game.

It didn't bother me but it really didnt need to be in the game.