It's about time for a positive thread - An outstanding game!

The last three games I have purchased - Homefront, Medal of Honor, and Operation Flashpoint - Red River - gave me buyers remorse almost instantly.  If I hadn't bought them from Gamestop with their no-return policy I would have returned them the same day.  BF3 had a rough Beta, and I had the same issues as everyone else last night, but you know what?  I wished I was playing it right now.  I can't wait to get back to finishing the Campaign, and playing some Multi with a bunch of friends.  From what little I've played so far the game has been totally worth my personal obsession and $60!  It looks glorious, and once i got it copied to HD it played smooth.   Enough of the whiners  - lets hear it for the game, does it kick *** or what????

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree that all in all, it seems to be a pretty damn strong game so far.  I still haven't played most of the maps, and obviously connectivity was an issue yesterday, but what I did play, I had a ball with!

the game does kick a$$ , and i dont even get it till friday :)) nice to see apositive review , this is the one ill choose to beleive :)

After that list of games I can understand why you'd think BF3 was outstanding. It's a good game and I really like it, but "Outstanding" it's not imo. I don't regret buying it.

I haven't played much, but I agree, the game is pretty good. I like it a lot.

Sadly, this game will be right along side every other FPS I have.  Fun game but not nearly as great as I thought it was going to be.  I will feel the exact same way when the next COD installment releases too.  

-

Part of me (the conspiracy side) thinks both companies are making me think that each company is going to ''demolish'' the other, with each game they release, only to feel like a sucker in the end.

The game is fantastic and offers a incredible online experience that no other console game can. Huge environments with amazing firefights. Just what I was looking for!

Yo Def-  Ha, good point!  I bet we won't really get blown away by another FPS until the next gen consoles come out.  Not TRULY blown away.  There's only so much they can do, and like it or not, your game experience is really limited by the people in your game.  Sucky or stupid people?  Sucky or stupid game!

Like Spud said, you're setting the bar pretty low with those previous games.

This campaign reminds me a lot of how MoH. Just more polished and hopefully longer.

[quote user="Tug Phelps"]

Like Spud said, you're setting the bar pretty low with those previous games.

This campaign reminds me a lot of how MoH. Just more polished and hopefully longer.

[/quote]

Out of those three games, I learned to enjoy two - MoH and Homefront.  RR is CO-OP only for mutliplayer.  What can I say - I don't want to be Batman, or Harry Potter, or a Cowboy.  I like flying, driving, and Tactical shooters.

No connection issues, what few maps I've played have been great, wish I had more time to play though...