It's a reset of stats, not a cloud error.

I just got done playing for a few hours and they changed some things in the game.

1. No retries, no more can you boost the same quick money-rp making missions.

2. The money you make during the races has been reduced. Racing was a very easy way to level up and make money.

There is no official announcement that it's a reset of stats, but with those changes it's obvious to me that it is.

It's boosting. Not as bad as taking advantage of certain glitches, like robbing a store and switching to your offline character then switching back for endless amounts of extremely easy money, but it's boosting just the same.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It is a cloud error.  If you're character got deleted, it's supposed to come back.  If you make another character to play with, you want to make your new character in a slot that is not the slot you made your original character with or you won't get him back.

You're not going to get your character back.

And they're not going to announce that it was a reset of stats for the mass majority of people.

If they announced that it was a reset, they would get a lot of complaints.

Some people earned their stuff without boosting, and most of the boosters will be upset as well.

But just to be on the safe side, start your character in the second slot just in case.

So you're saying that they're slowly going to reset everyone's stats?  Or just people who used exploits and or boosted?

And that doesn't make any sense, because some of my friends got reset and they never did any type of boosting or exploits.  Also, my friend made a new character and he can still see some of his old stuff (guns, his car and house, etc)

Nearly everyone loses their character the same time they change the game to make it much harder to boost, comes across as a stat reset to me.

And if you never get your stuff back, then it will confirm my suspicions. Especially if they never have a wide stat reset as big as this.

I would think it would be hard for them to weed out the boosters from the legit players.

Firstly,rockstar have acknowledged that characters and bank accounts are getting deleted erroneously.

Secondly,they have said they are trying to pinpoint the problem,AND looking for a way to restore deleted chars/accounts/propertys.

[quote user="Move I got this"]

Nearly everyone loses their character the same time they change the game to make it much harder to boost, comes across as a stat reset to me.

And if you never get your stuff back, then it will confirm my suspicions. Especially if they never have a wide stat reset as big as this.

I would think it would be hard for them to weed out the boosters from the legit players.

[/quote]

Then explain to me why a lot of people who never boosted got their characters deleted?

Well obviously they have to tell you something, they can't just do a massive reset and ignore it like nothing happened, and they definitely can't tell you the truth.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope I get my stuff back.

But that's not going to happen.

I already answered that question in the last sentence you quoted me.

Maybe they could have deleted everyone who replayed the same mission over and over, but even then you would have a lot of people who replayed the more fun mission even thou they didn't pay much. So you're stuck in the same position, you can't weed out the boosters.

Perhaps they could have weeded out the boosters, but a huge percentage of players were boosting, so they thought it would be better to just do a reset and not tell anyone.

[quote user="Move I got this"]they definitely can't tell you the truth.[/quote]

I couldn't help but laugh at this statement. Somebody has their tinfoil hat on, it sounds. Ron? Is that you?