It's A Real Shame....

It's a real shame that when Modern Warfare 3 comes out it's gonna steal Gears of War 3's thunder. It especially sucks because GOW3 is getting alotta praise from many critics so far, indicating that it's going out with a bang. Heck, a few sites have even said that the campaign which was lacking in the last 2 games finally makes good on it's promises from years past. Naughty Dog even congratulated Epic on an epic game. I get that MW3 is addictive and yes, I'll even call the COD series "fun", but there's just something about Gears that I've always loved. Don't know what it is exactly, but I just prefer it over any COD game any day of the week. Maybe it's because to me Gears of War officially kicked off what was considered next-gen. Also people that love the Gears series should be a bit more amped over Gears 3. Cliff Bleszinsky, whether you love him or hate him, is THE man over at Epic. I mean he basically created Gears of War and took a huge chance pitching it. Then made it as good and over the top as he could when Microsoft wanted it to be their killer ap before Halo 3 came out. So Cliffy B. knows a thing or two about making a successful franchise and has alot of pull over at Epic. He has also said several times that he's ready for the next gen systems and wants to start a whole new franchise. Also, unlike Bungie, Epic owns the rights to Gears of War and could do whatever they want with it. My point is, since Cliffy B. has alot of influence over at Epic and wants to start a whole new franchise and Epic owns the rights to Gears, GOW3 might very well be the last Gears game for a good long while. No doubt they might make a sequel or prequel down the road, but it might be a very loooooooooooooooong road. Meanwhile, COD will undoubtedly get it's annual $60 patch next year.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Who cares what other games come out or how they rate or what game is the most popular? If you go through life caring about what others think then you have issues. Just play what you like and don't let what other people like bother you.

PS: You give Cliffy too much credit and leave out a lot of people invloved! Plus I promise there will be more Gears games soon as MS needs a good launch game for their next system.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

Who cares what other games come out or how they rate or what game is the most popular? If you go through life caring about what others think then you have issues. Just play what you like and don't let what other people like bother you.

PS: You give Cliffy too much credit and leave out a lot of people invloved! Plus I promise there will be more Gears games soon as MS needs a good launch game for their next system.

[/quote]I just hope that GOW3 gets the credit it deserves is all. Cool your jets. I wasn't talking about your mother or anything, relax. Also, look up Cliff Bleszinsky some day. You'll see that he was a major driving force behind Gears of War. He obviously had help as he isn't some little Indy developer doing everything on his own but Cliffy B. is to Gears what Ed Boon is to Mortal Kombat. Gears of War is Cliffy B.'s baby.

Once again, why do you care if Gears is loved or hated? If you love it play it.

Cliffy B is a big part of Gears but you have to remember that Gears started out as an Unreal game and it evolved into Gears.

This is what you consider a "shame"? LMAO I'm picturing a mexican"because of your gamertag"with his face in his hands crying because of his concern over Gear 3 getting the credit it deserves! Thanks for the laugh, but tranquilo holmes its gonna be o.k........I'm crying laughing so hard!

It's a real shame that you didn't create paragraphs and 90% of the people who clicked on this link are not going to read your post because of that.

[quote user="Uloi"]

It's a real shame that you didn't create paragraphs and 90% of the people who clicked on this link are not going to read your post because of that.

[/quote]I don't know how to make paragraphs in the new forums, sorry.

Trust me ... MW3 will not steal any Gears thunder.  They will both be great games.  I'll be enjoying both games.

[quote user="Solid Latino"]

[quote user="Uloi"]

[/quote]

You can hit "Enter" a few times.

I

do

this

[quote user="Metal DJ"]

Trust me ... MW3 will not steal any Gears thunder.  They will both be great games.  I'll be enjoying both games.

[/quote]It'll just be interesting to see how things turn out. Also, I don't mean it's a real shame compared to other travesties that inflict the world over, but a shame by video game standards.

[quote user="Spud 72"]

[quote user="Solid Latino"]

[quote user="Uloi"]

[/quote]

You can hit "Enter" a few times.

I

do

this

[/quote]Thanks for the tip! I'll try that next time.