It's a little saddening.

I know this is going to draw a lot of hate, but I gotta say this while my mind is on it. I find it a little sadding to look at the leaderboards and see it dominated by people who've haven't even touched the single player mode. I really hope the $60 they put out is worth just playing online and not engaging at all in the actual single player game itself... which it should be about.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just my opinion, but as long as the person is having fun with it, is it a bad thing?

I personally was craving the main story since I ran through ME1&ME2 to prepare for it...but others got a sample of the MP in the demo and loved it.

Whatever you enjoy, as long as you enjoy it, does it matter what someone else likes?

For Tuchanka !!!

The multiplayer is fun enough, but I can't imagine playing it that much with just the same mode over and over..  campaign wise, it doesn't get any better than the Mass Effect series in my opinion, unsettled ending notwithstanding...

Whaaat, this game has MP? I never noticed it because the campaign is soooo good. F all the complaints about the ending.............lol. I plan on getting me1 and 2 tomorrow after work!

I personally don't find this to be that big of an issue. I've done the exact same thing was some certain games, especially the CODs when I actually used to give a crap about that franchise. I think it serves as a testament to how fun & addictive the multiplayer is.

I would only have a problem if the people on the top of the leaderboards hacked or cheated or boosted their way to get there, because I feel that is morally wrong & reprehensible. But if the people at the top of the leaderboards truly earned their way to get there, then I couldn't care in the least if they never even touched the campaign.

Hey, it's their money, so I'm not going to tell them how to play.  But I've put equal time into both, and think they're both great.  I finished the SP on Insanity, did half a "renegade" playthrough, and hit around 130 N7.  I'm getting my money out of it.  That's why I don't get uptight over DLC.  If a $60 game gives me 120 hours of gameplay, I don't figure it owes me anything.  So an extra $10 for some new content is fine with me.  I'll support them financially if they're going to keep supporting the game.

Well, at least we all know now that adding Multiplayer into the game did indeed take much needed attention away from the Single Player (yes, it was a separate team but still resources that could have been added to the main game)... I can only imagine how things might have turned out if Bioware had stuck to their original intentions and put all of their focus into the main story.

Yes enjoying MP first, it's not impossible to imagine. It may seem strange to those of us who like the SP but it's not that unusual, the MP is addictive.

I don't see why it would sadden you, it's their money, and they're are probably enjoying Mass Effect 3 more than those that finished the single player and are complaining about the ending.

Enjoying MP first? Top 10 have over 1500 N7 Ranking, 1700 for #1 last time I checked this morning. You'd think they'd take a small break from in between almost 3 weeks to bother with single player or something else.

|

I was feeling bad about spending three days on an insanity run cause I did spend a fair bit of time on it but... not so much anymore.

I got the MP experience out of the way with the beta. I was able to focus entirely on the SP until my first playthrough was completed before being serious with the MP.

|

It was rather irritating to have readied everything only to find out you needed the MP rating to be improved to get a "better" ending. So, that is what I'm doing with my second play-through.