It's a beta, people.

Thankfully I understand what a beta's purpose is (unlike most people who seem to be posting in this forum).  But what's with everyone *** about the graphics being terrible?  I popped in for about 10 minutes before heading to work this morning.  Everything looks good to me (and allegedly the more updated and/or final version looks way better). 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

when i read your topic title, i wanted to kill my self.... NEVER do that aagin will ya?

Fixed, good sir.  My apologies.  My forum skills are a little rusty.  

Graphics weren't terrible, but they weren't great either(barely good imo). I know the finished product isn't going to look or play anything like this beta, but they aren't doing their game any favors imo. Anyone that was on the fence about this game probably fell off to the other side. This beta isn't how you convert gamers.

Thank you, to many ppl are whining here now-a-days..

Honestly 10 minutes isn't enough to make a judgment but hopefully that means all the people that are just looking for something like Call of Duty and only value a game based on how high their K/D ratio is will not make a Battlefield 3 purchase, therefore leaving the people who truly love team work and big maps and vehicles behind, in the end making my experience with the game better.

I played again last night.  As a Battlefield fan, I am not impressed.  Usually I am never wanting to quit, never wanting to stop playing, and not being able to wait to get back to a match.  Addictive.  Not last night.  I will give the beta a few tries again.  The prone sniping in the rocks and shrubs is terrible.  I guess on offense, you just should take cover and shoot at the objective?  I'm thinking I like that they left out prone in BC2.

While I'm at it.... Why do we still have to join a new game just to quit?  Why isn't there an option to leave game in between matches, there's plenty of time to do it then.  

You can quit in the middle of a game. Once you spawn, simply press start, scroll down and choose "Quit". I did it this morning because I had to get to work.

I think most of us DO know what a beta is and there for we have the understanding of what this beta is not. I was part of the Xbox Live Beta. Only a select few were invited to be in the BETA, they didn’t just allow anyone to be in the beta. We had processes to report bugs and also were given knew games to play so they could test certain other functions of the Xbox Live system. When GOW3 beta was out it was polished and was what you were going to get once it went gold. Epic was allowing Xbox Live users to play the game so they could test the stress on their dedicated servers and test how well peer to peer worked if their servers were ever down. (This was great in my mind but anyone who played HomeFront the first week understands what happens when dedicated servers are over loaded). The BF3 Beta is not polished and not ready for the Xbox Live users to play IMO. There were plenty of other testing by people who probably got paid to test it. IMO EA should had a polished beta since anyone and everyone can download and play it. Have all of the graphics and functions working and do stress test on the servers and the gameplay so they can tweak whatever they need to.

…am I crying that the beta makes me want to cancel my pre-order, no. I’m just going to wait a week for the true reviews to come out and to make sure the beta is dumbed down and not really a finished product.

Here is my issue with the beta. Obviously the "beta" we received is pre-alpha code from E3. If you played in the PC alpha test you would see that alot of the problems in the xbox beta version were non issues (falling through the map, reload bugs, missing textures etc.). If you think EA is using this "beta" to fix bugs your kidding yourself, this code is months old I'm sure they fixed the issues present or its too close to the end of the dev cycle to fix a broken game. The final code will need to be ready and shipped off to the disk makers in another couple weeks in otder to make the release date.

-

But it bothers me that they released an old broken version of their game that ships in 20 some days to the public which is going to hurt sales. I would have felt better if DICE would come out and say "hey we promised MoH players a BF3 beta but we didn't have time to throw a proper one together so heres the old E3 op metro demo to give you an idea of what we are going for".

-

But until I hear further from DICE I have to assume that this is final code and due to rushing to get the game out before MW3 they didn't get a chance to flush out all of the bugs or porting it from the PC to xbox wasn't as easy as they would have liked. Only time will tell.

I was in 3 of the socom betas and they all played like this. We fell into the map and the textures were missing everywhere. If you think a beta is a FULL game then do not download and play. I have been in 5 closed and many open betas and all were just junk. They needed to be patched 3-4x before the game came out. That is why before you can play most of these games you have to patch it before you can play.