It IS the Same Engine Confirmed

A user on Twitter spoke with Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling and told him that a new engine needs to be used for the Call of Duty franchise.

“Someone just needs to spend the $ and construct a new engine for the CoD franchise… Ground up,” Robert Bowling responded back, “That would be counter productive. An engine takes years and years to develop and get right.”

The engine first used for Infinity’s Ward Call of Duty 2 has been used for all Call Of Duty games ever since. Bowling’s statement confirms there will be no new engine for Modern Warfare 3 when it is released later this year.

Bowling was also asked whether he still works for Activision, and if he’s going to join his former bosses at new studio Respawn.

He replied: “I work at Infinity Ward and plan to remain here. We’ve got a great team and working on a great project.”

No idea where all this new engine talk keeps coming from.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

obviously its the same engine, he is just a giant tool.

Yes, there is a such thing as using the same engine and add different features to that engine rather than creating an engine from ground up. To build one from the ground up would be considered counter productive whereas adding small features to the engine or omitting certain features would be ideal.

If they were going to build a new engine for this game, it should have started years ago. They would have to have people building it on the side while creating whatever game they are releasing at the time. The next few CODs will likely be of the same quality, with some modifications.

Who cares? COD games still play better than most games out there and they still look pretty damn good.

[quote user="OctoMom"]

Who cares? COD games still play better than most games out there and they still look pretty damn good.

[/quote]

This.

Good Blops pace was just horrible compare to M-Dub.

Is it the SAME EXACT engine or is it the same engine with tweaks? Honestly, you dont change engines when you have a successful franchise like COD.

They will more than likely keep the same engine till the next gen these graphics are nice compared to most games with exception of the ones with brand new engines such as crysis and other games so... I wouldn't doubt they have a new engine but why release it now? Besides they can enhance and tweak this engines graphics acording to the needs of the game, look at black ops didn't look as good as MW2 but that was their choice.

As long as it runs at 60FPS, there is a good chance I will be satisfied.

Personally I never really had a problem with COD's engine. But I am getting a little tired of the comic book graphics. They need to mix it up and stop being lazy.