Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8

1. Why don't CD images embedded in MP3s display in Xbox Music but do display in the Music + Videos application?

2. Why are CD images associated with MP3s that are not at all associated with a particular MP3? I transferred 2 MP3s to the phone, navigated to them in Xbox Music, and was presented with a CD image that was not the one embedded with the MP3s and was also not at all related to the MP3s.

3. When will syncing between phone and computer be available again?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there BassHarmonic!

I'll answer your questions in the order they were addresses.

1. The Music+Videos app will try to use metadata native to the phone, as well as metadata that was obtained from the device the songs synced from. Xbox Music will only use metadata obtained from the Xbox Music Store, as a result some content data may be conflicting and this can happen.

2. I would imagine that this may be tied into answer one, but without knowing the metadata on the song itself, I wouldn't be certain.

3. Syncing is available using any of the following methods: www.windowsphone.com/.../sync-wizard

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.