Issues with Dawnguard/DLC

On the day it came out, I purchased Dawnguard. However, ever since I did, it has been giving me problem after problem. I never had any other issues with any other content.

Every time I go to load my game, it tells me that the content can't be found, though it is still locate-able on my hard drive. Still there, being all "Hi! I'm an awesome DLC! But you can't play me, neener neener!"

I attempted to uninstall it then re-install it, which lead it to work briefly. Hooray! When I shut my Xbox off for the night and went to play the next day, it then went back to not working. I was told at that point to try clearing my cache, and did successfully. Again, it was a night of it working, then not working. Then it would work on my boyfriend's profile on my Xbox, which does not have Live, and then not work on mine. It would then work on mine, and not his. I've been playing this song-and-dance for days now, and now the content is not working at all, period. Whatsoever. Not on my profile, and not on any of the other 4 profiles on my Xbox.

I'm pretty much at wits end at this point, I feel like it was a waste of $20 since I didn't really get to do any of the content between the pain-in-the-rear-end messing and fannagling. 

If anyone has any answers as to how I can fix this, do let me know. :( My Xbox is an older Elite model, with a 60GB hard drive in it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hi, You can also try clearing your "Maretkplace cache" which is different than "system cache". Here's how,

-

Clearing the Marketplace cache may fix the problem. Follow these steps:

On your console, go to Settings, and then select System.

Select Storage, and then select your primary storage device.

Select System Items.

Select Marketplace System Data.

Select Delete.

Restart your console.

Try to access Xbox LIVE Marketplace

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

7/5:

Aaalrighty, an update..

I was told by Microsoft that this is likely an issue with my hard drive. After moving things around and reformatting it, it still seems to not be working.

Not sure what next step is, when I called support they seemed pretty stumped.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Ramauko! Thanks for bringing your question here to the forums. What is the error message you are encountering verbatim and where/when do you encounter it? Does it appear when you boot up the game, or when you load up a save file? To start, I'd recommend taking a look at this sticky and give the troubleshooting steps there a shot: forums.xbox.com/.../752.aspx. It sounds like you may have taken these steps, but I just want to be 100% sure you've tried them all exactly as listed. :)

In addition, you mentioned that support said there might be an issue with your hard drive. Do you have an official Xbox hard drive?

Sorry this didn't help.