Issues Switching Users on Lego Marvel Superheroes

We are experiencing issues with our downloaded digital copy of the Lego Marvel Superheroes game whenever we try to switch controllers.  It typically works fine when two people start to play but if someone hands the controller to someone else it doesn't recognize the new user.  Instead we will get a screen that pops up saying the "Wireless controller bound to (the prior user's Gamertag) has become disconnect.  Press any button on a connected wireless controller and pair it with the player (prior user's Gamertag) to continue.       Press any button."  We'll hand it back to the prior user and they would press a button.  The system wouldn't recognize her so it would go to a screen asking who they wanted to sign in as and they would select their Gamertag.  But then the same screen would pop up saying "Wireless controller bound to...." and it would be an endless cycle.  Any idea why this is happening and how to get out of this cycle?  We've tried the "I was not recognized option" and we've uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  Also shouldn't we just be able to hand the controller to someone else and have the game recognize the new user and continue playing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm seconding this bug. My two boys keep asking me to help with the game and half the time the result is we have to quit and reload from their last save due to this bug.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ive had similar problems today.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had to disable the kinect camera in game to make it playable with my 2 children.

1) controller put down, game pauses and asks for user.

2) Controller handed to someone else. game pauses and asks for someone else to sign in.

3) clicking the sign in button doesn't work and you get stuck in an endless log in loop.

4) its bl**dy annoying

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Best thing to do is block the camera or log out all accounts except the one running the game and one playing. Apparently it gets confused with any household with more than two people or accounts in it, so like in my house with a family of five, the game just refuses to play properly and runs into the sign in loop if you even step away from a controller.

It makes it really frustrating when you just want to let someone enjoy playing under your account and gameprofress as well. I have more characters than my children and it just throws the game into the sign in loop if I even pass the controller to one of them and entertain the idea of letting them play under my game save.

We can hope that Travelers Tales at least is aware of the issue and can only hope that they are working on a fix... Now if only they can address the head scratching decision of their flight controls with this game...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We have a similar problem.  I have figured out that whoever you are playing from a saved game, this user has to be one of the 2 players.  I would love to switch it out since one of the kids did not like it but the other one does but all the saved data is on the first child.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Holyrolr,

Can you please start a new thread here and post your question/concern along with what steps you have tried to fix it? I am kinda fuzzy on what your are describing and you posting on a different thread will help keep things tidy as well as provide you a specific answer to your question.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also the same issue.  It appears that no devices can support the dynamic switching of sign in accounts within a game.

Very disappointing that such a glaring error is allowed.  The only suggestion that xbox support had (after 20 mins) was that another controller would sort it out as it would map to the switched user.

I again pointed out that it is still not an acceptable answer - to buy another controller.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. Only solution we have is to restart game with the right players or block kinect camera and sign in manually. Definite issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem... You wonderful makers of xbox working on a solution?  For now we've covered our kinnect camera with a towel...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. Quick solution is to turn off the offending controller (hold down the xbox logo button) then have the intended user turn it back on. Really annoying.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 626 Applies to: