Issues Purchasing Microsoft Points.

Hi,

I've been trying to buy some points today but i keep getting the message saying my payment method cannot be verrified. I have read the sticky and tried everything mentioned there apart from calling (making that a last resort). I've tried adding different credit cards, purchasing points from the xbox website, trying to pay via paypal and checking my details on the microsoft billing website but i get the same issue with all of my cards where it wont even let me save the information. I keep getting this message "The Credit Card that you have provided could not be authorized. Please provide the correct information for your payment method." I've checked multiple times with all my cards and all the information is correct.

Is there anything else i can do before i have to resort to calling? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you have tried multiple payment methods from various providers, it might be something to do with your account. I would suggest making that call to phone support and asking what they think the problem is. support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This seems to be an issue at the moment there are quite a few people in the same boat. It appears to be a Microsoft problem that they are refusing to acknowledge. There are posts on the US forums too with the same issues. Calling customer support seems to have mixed results varying from them removing and readding the card that seemed to work to them telling people to wait 72 hours and try again.

This needs to be fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also having this issue.  Have tried to purchase points on my console and from my PC -- getting the same error every time saying unable to authorize the purchase.  Double checked my billing information and everything is accurate.  It's not my card's fraud protection blocking the transaction either.  Getting frustrated.

Sorry this didn't help.

A possible reason (not saying this is a fix) is that your IP address location is far away from that of the cards zip code. I have encountered that before personally, for example if you tried to buy microsoft points using a credit card with billing information that is in Maine, in Iowa.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't even re-add my Visa to my account on my xbox or on my PC.  I followed the advise in this forum and I cleared my caches on my xbox.  That didn't work so it was suggested to remove my credit card information, and try re-adding it.  I get told that my visa is not valid at all.  I had no problems whatsoever attaching my Pay Pal account as a payment method, but the same error happens when trying to purchase the points -- unable to process authorization.  Never had this issue before.  I bought the Rockstar Pass for LA Noire a couple weeks ago with no problems whatsoever.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the double post.

I was sent an e-mail telling me to go to billing.microsoft.com to update my payment method.  Instructed to click on "Update my Payment Method" under the "Your Payment Methods" section.  There is no such update link.  There is no way to add or change any payment methods.  According to the Help section that means that there are technical issues.  So I have tried in 3 separate areas to even add a payment method, and none of them work.

I can wait on the DLC I intended to purchase -- really not interested in sitting on hold if I call support to rectify this.

Sorry this didn't help.