Issue with Xbox One playing cable.

I have had my Xbox One for a little over two weeks.  At first, everything worked perfectly.  Late this past week, however, I have been having issues getting my Xbox to show my cable TV.  It takes upwards of two minutes for the system to pick up a picture, if it shows it at all.  I switched out my HDMI cable, and it isn't really helping at all.  I rebooted everything and I am still having the issue.  I started getting a DVI error message on my XFINITY box, but I have no clue how that pertains to me since I am running everything through HDMI.  

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hey there Temperence!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Live TV on Xbox One Forum so our TV pros can take a look.

While we wait for that, can you let us know what TV provider you have? Also, what is the exact DVI error you're seeing?

Hit us back and we'll be standing by to hear from you! ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Mister Cerb,

Thanks for the response.  I am using Comcast XFINITY for my cable and my DVR/Cable box is a Motorola.  I can't get the model number, since I am at work at the moment.  The error code that comes up on the cable box just says DVI.

Sorry this didn't help.

The DVI is error is likely cased because an additional pass-through. Are you using an AVR? Try going STB (Set top box) hdmi Xbox One hdmi TV. Also, the make/model of your Comcast box would be way helpful as not all STB's were created equally.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not using an AVR.  I do have an HDMI switch, though.  I am running the STB directly to the Xbox and then XBOX to HDMI switch to TV.  I  will try to run it without the HDMI switch when I get home.  Also, I googled through some set top boxes and I think that I have a Motorola DCT6412.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you get home please do 2x check. I have seen issues with HDMI switches, I don't want to go into the 'why' details here, but it is an issue I have seen. Thanks TemperenceHill

Sorry this didn't help.