Issue with Twitch

Every time I try to watch a livestream on the newly updated Twitch app, the quality is usually is very poor for a second, then will go hd, then back to lower quality.  Once it gets to back to low quality from HD it will repeat what I just saw in HD and a little more, then the cycle repeats.  The livestream I was watching happened to be a speed run so it had a timer on the side.  I was curious as to how much lag I was actually experiencing so I pulled up the twitch app on my iphone (same wifi) and the xbox was around 35 seconds behind. I repeated the test on multiple channels and got the same results every time. Is anyone else having this issue or has anybody been able to find a fix for this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Same exact issue here. Everything streams fine on my phone or tablet over WiFi and on both my wired PCs.

My One is set up with all of the appropriate ports open on the router it's wired to (I've even tried putting it in the DMZ) and the console reports an open NAT and a good connection. I have no issues streaming Netflix or YouTube, just Twitch.

The issue does tend to clear up if I let it play for a while and it doesn't happen every time, but probably 95% of the time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.