Issue With The Paypal Update

So I'm having trouble with this new update (as are a lot of people from a quick glance at these threads.)

However, my specific problem isn't one that I've been able to find either on these forums or anywhere else.

Essentially, though the option is now there to add a paypal account through the console menu after the update, it doesn't work. Selecting this option yields no reaction whatsoever.

I can however, add a paypal account through the Xbox.com website, and have done so successfully. Unfortunately, though this paypal account now shows up as a possible payment option on the console, selecting it to purchase anything merely closes the window and returns me to the dashboard home.

This is currently my only means of rectifying a billing issue that has resulted in my account being suspended (that's a whole other bag of worms) and so I'm understandably anxious to see this resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance to any support I receive regarding this issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I strongly believe that you can only pay with PayPal when your PayPal credit is balanced or you have at least the amount on it that you need for purchasing a specific item (points/games on demand). I tried to purchase points thinking PayPal will charge my bank account with the sum. But I also gut an error message. I will try to purchase points again after I trasnfered some cash from my bak account to my PayPal account. Maybe this is the solution.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's also possible the issue was that the update wasn't completely released (as some users were still downloading as of the 29th), and as such, the function might not have been fully enabled. If you'ved tried Ben's steps above and you're still having issues, please do let me know.

Sorry this didn't help.

Still no dice. I had more than the required funds in my paypal account from the start, so it isn't likely that's the issue. No change from my original post.

I would also add that I can't seem to use paypal on xbox.com either. I get as far as selecting from my payment options, but can't seem to find a button to proceed with a selected option.

Sorry this didn't help.

i am having a similar problem. using pauypal to add points via this website and it keeps saying try again later. trying to get 500 points.

Sorry this didn't help.