issue with Sonic Adventure on Xbox 360 Arcade

I recently bought Sonic Adventure from the Arcade, and I heard about this issue from other players shortly after my purchase.

In the past Sonic Adventure games (both the Dreamcast original and the Gamecube remake), players had a chance of making a "two-toned" chao in the Chao garden by breeding a "normal" chao from the original eggs with a "colored" chao. But in this Xbox version, a few of my friends have reported being unable to make such a chao after dozens of attempts when it was nearly a 50/50 chance of happening in the originals.

So what I'm asking is: were the Chao Garden in-game mechanics changed at all (intentionally or otherwise) when this game was ported to the Xbox 360 from the other consoles? Was this feature just taken out completely? And if this issue is true and incorrect compared to the past games, can it possibly be patched or updated in the near future?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Graphically, this is a port of 'Sonic Adventure DX' from the GameCube, even if you didn't buy the 'Upgrade to DX'. All SEGA did was take out the DX parts of the game so it played like the Dreamcast version. So you should be able to get a 2 tone chao if you tried. I've had the game for 5 months and i have a Sonic Chao already. See?

I don't SEGA screws up ports of stuff like that so I guess that you can make the chao.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.