Issue Purchasing with Microsoft Points

Hi, i have a problem with buying any DLC of games. I am able to download free content, but not ones that require points. I contacted microsoft and the lady walked me through steps for about and hour (included reinstall of the xbox update, clearing the cache on my memory drives, checking the internet, etc.). She told me that id have to be sent to some higher troubleshooting team in which id hear from within three days (Its been almost a week). I still havent resolved this problematic issue in which i have been having for weeks. I am trying to buy the Forza Horizon Season Pass. On a side note, i am part of the family gold pack where i am not the account holder, but i have no restrictions. Also there are no corrupt files on my consle.

I have good internet, plenty of MSFT Points, and enough memory space fopr the download.

Any new suggestions?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi Arsee! Sorry to hear about these points troubles. Are you seeing any specific error messages/codes when you attempt to purchase DLC? Looking at the interaction with the phone agent, I see they are still investigating, so I would suggest sitting tight, and they will get back to you. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I keep getting 80153410 which doesn't help me really at all

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the error code. Below are some solutions I would suggest you try. 

First, let's make sure your billing info is correct. You will want to make sure the billing address for your Xbox LIVE account matches the billing address used by your credit card. To change your Xbox LIVE billing info, see Change your Xbox LIVE account information.

If your billing info looks good, next you will want to make sure your security proofs are valid. You can Get help with your Microsoft account security proofs here. 

Let us know how that goes, or if you have any questions. Cheers! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Neither the billing info nor the proofs had any problems. Is it possible to get an update with the investigation? I have not hear anything on the status.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Arsee17,

Have you been sure to try all the steps listed here for that issue? If so and they have not resolved the issue, then contacting the phone team will be necessary. Yo can find the proper number for your region over here. Let us know if that link helps though. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.