Is Ubisoft the next up-and-coming EA?

Ubisoft has Uplay to compete against Origin, online passes, tons of titles releasing constantly (almost streaming) and who can forget the Frag Dolls being used as a way to sell games through the female image to younger male gamers.

At least to me, Ubisoft is the up-and-coming EA; as in their going to earn a bad reputation.

Some quick questions: Is my assumption correct or is it at fault? Will Ubisoft grow to be as big as EA with an entirely different gamer base that hates them? Is Ubisoft the next up-and-coming EA?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Short Answer: We don't know.

[quote user="Nameloi"]

Short Answer: We don't know.

[/quote]

Ha-ha; well, started the thread for discussion on the topic. I sort of want to see how exactly Ubisoft appears to gamers at the moment, in relation to them being referred to as the next up-and-coming EA.

I can see them turning into EA. As of right now I have no feelings about them as I don't play many of there games. It's nothing personal just nothing appealing to me really

Well, their always online DRM sure didn't do them any favours with PC Gamers, though they've lighted up a bit on that.

-

We'll see. Ubisoft has some good titles under their belt but they fall into similar habits of trying to restructure some of their popular IPs into more action-mainstream franchises. Splinter Cell being an obvious one.

=

But they aren't the behemoth that EA is. And they probably never will be. Even now EA is feeling the pressure of being so big and juggling so many studios and IPs and the constant need to pull in huge profit with millions sold on each title to maintain their current size. It seems to be safer staying at as a reasonable mid size publisher that can push out a few big titles rather these days.

[quote user="Static Jak"]

Well, their always online DRM sure didn't do them any favours with PC Gamers, though they've lighted up a bit on that.

-

We'll see. Ubisoft has some good titles under their belt but they fall into similar habits of trying to restructure some of their popular IPs into more action-mainstream franchises. Splinter Cell being an obvious one.

=

But they aren't the behemoth that EA is. And they probably never will be. Even now EA is feeling the pressure of being so big and juggling so many studios and IPs and the constant need to pull in huge profit with millions sold on each title to maintain their current size. It seems to be safer staying at as a reasonable mid size publisher that can push out a few big titles rather these days.

[/quote]

Some good points made here; I like some of EA's titles and Ubisoft's, no problem other than having a selective nature with EA titles. I'm wondering whether that selective nature will run into Ubisoft titles as well.

Well Ubisoft is playing it smart and keeping it with 2 Developer teams and only 2 studios i believe or 3 and they released some good titles like Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed III and a few smaller ones this year but. EA packing in hundreds of teams and studios is just a pile of old garbage sitting on its downfall.

well both EA and ubisoft have rammed their best series into the ground so they could be.

Ubisoft is more like a bad hybrid of EA and Activison.

Bad practices like the online pass/always on DRM that also milk franchises with yearly releases of decreasing quality...

Frag dolls?

-

When I think of Ubisoft, I think of Assassin's Creed, and that's about it. Activision compares better with EA, I think, although I tend to look more favorably at Activision, despite yearly releases of a certain franchise.

I don't think so. I like Uplay's rewards, they're quite nice. I don't agree with online DRM though.