Is this worth $40

All,,

Should I wait for the $$ to drop or is it worth $40??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's not even worth 14. It's made accessible for the HALO/COD players. So better get one of those games I guess. It's not a Gears game IMO.

I hope so because I'm getting very impatient. I have other games to keep me busy (Blacklist, BioShock), but I'm tired of having this last achievement hang around in the back of my mind. PeteNub is one of the most inconsistent and unreliable programmers in human history.

They will no doubt do the same on this game with the war supporter achievement.

"I have to presume the person hosting had to choose the difficulty level."

Maybe the host's difficulty is set based on what he previously played in Private.

"As for the special events i was at 0/30 for events on the war supporter medal until epic gave everyone 29/30,i played one deathmatch for the achievement."

While that's nice for the people who joined the party a bit too late, I have to admit that Epic slapped their hardcore fans in the face by doing that. A lot of people had to spend 30 weeks to get that achievement, while others only had to spend 1 day. Not fair, at all. 

Not hating the players, or anything. It's Epic's fault. Speaking of events, I can tell that Epic doesn't care about Judgment, anymore, since they don't even update the game on a regular basis. Talk about poor community service.

Well i have the ribbons/medals for completing various online modes on insane,and they were only ever random lobbies i joined.

I have to presume the person hosting had to choose the difficulty level.

-

As for the special events i was at 0/30 for events on the war supporter medal until epic gave everyone 29/30,i played one deathmatch for the achievement.

"I used to enjoy beast and horde mode on gears 3, and that game had different difficulty levels in random games."

Um, can you verify this? Maybe you're getting confused with the previous games' special events because if I remember correctly Epic would change the difficulty of the AI in Horde mode only if there was something festive going on (Tickers, Boomers, etc.).

All i wanted to do was play survival or overrun on insane with random people online,i believe it gives you an onyx medal for doing so.

I found there was no way to do that without playing on your own or inviting friends.

-

Surely a search option could have been included to choose difficulty level,the worst it could come back with is "no games available".

-

I used to enjoy beast and horde mode on gears 3, and that game had different difficulty levels in random games.

-

Its the many little things like this in the game that add up to make the game so weak.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="ALMiGHTY AWX"] load up private. If you have nine other people on your list that are interested, then you're golden. [/quote]

I don`t have 9 friends on my list i have been silver for 18 months,i just use codes if i want to play online,which is next to never.

It just makes no sense that you can`t choose a difficulty to play unless you play on your own.

[/quote]

Wait a sec ... are you talking about the way it's done in Campaign, where people can set the AI difficulty independently of other people's preferences? For example, Player A wants to fight the bots on Insane, but Player B wants to fight the bots on Hardcore? If that's the case, then you bring up a good point. Epic may not have decided to roll with that because people would just boost Double EXP against Casual bots in VIP, inflating the MP experience. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean. Difficulty level is irrelevant unless bots are involved. If you're referring to the game's advanced MP settings, then I have to inform you that those cannot be changed. The only settings that can be changed are the ones found in private lobbies (Time, Score, Mercy Rule, etc.).

[quote user="ALMiGHTY AWX"] load up private. If you have nine other people on your list that are interested, then you're golden. [/quote]

I don`t have 9 friends on my list i have been silver for 18 months,i just use codes if i want to play online,which is next to never.

It just makes no sense that you can`t choose a difficulty to play unless you play on your own.

[quote user="THA 1 BEHIND YA"]

^^ but those maps aren't available across all gametypes. At least they weren't when I still played.

[/quote]

They're still not, but having them spread out encourages you to play a variety of modes. In this case, variety is always better than monotony.