Is this what games are turning into?

Gears 3 came out in September with 1000 gamerscore.  It's now 4 months later and the game has 1750 and soon to be 2000 Gamerscore.

Is this the new trend for popular games?  Now I know I can't complain about it myself since I paid for the DLC and encouraged EPIC to do this.

But is this something that you agree with?  Should a game double in gamerscore in such a short amount of time?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There are people out there who love achievements and want to complete them but I see this stunt in general for DLC to keep their fans interested in their game.

Any paid dlc needs to come with achievements no matter what. Games can go as high as they want IMO.

I have no idea what the problem is.  For someone who likes acheivements, the more the merrier i would think.  For someone who doesnt care, what possible difference could it make whether the game has 100, 500, 1000, 2000 or 10000G?  I personally dont care about achievements, but it doesnt matter to me how many a game has or how quickly they are added thru DLC.

Gee, I sure hope i didnt ruin your thread or anything.

Seems like you'd only care if you were a cheap completionist. If that's the case get ready for lots of frustration.

I hate to wait.........DLC is always PRE-THOUGHT UP and PRE-CALCULATED in the developing budget. So DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!!!!! ILL BUY IT!

So there is nothing wrong with a game doubling in gamescore in less than 6 months?  That's the point.

who gives a s*** about freaking numbers just play the game kid!

I really don't see what is so bad about it.

why would it be a problem, I like many others love to get achievements

i dont like that by not buying the dlc(s), it stil punishes my completion percentage for the game.