Is this Sign of my Xbox Breaking?

Basically, I was in the middle of a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 match and the screen just went black. Then, when the screen came back, I was at the dashboard. I never touched any buttons that would dashboard at all. It's a 360 Slim that's a little less a year old. Which is pretty good since most seem to break after 10 minutes of playing. Seriously though, anyone know what causes this or heard of this before?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sounds more like a software crash than a hardware failure. Don't worry about it.

It's EA's terrible servers dropping you from the game. I've had it happen to me on occasion, most times you will just get kicked back to the main menu of the game but sometimes the whole game will crash and you get "dashboarded", which is when you end up at the Xbox Dashboard. It doesn't have anything to do with your Xbox, it is entirely EA's problem. Ever wonder why it only happens when you're playing BC2?

Once again contrary to what some have said IT IS NOT YOUR XBOX, it is EA's terrible server quality.

I've had two units go out for two different reasons in the six or so years I've been gaming on the 360.  They went out both times shortly after they started making more noise than usual, and stopped recognizing games every once in a while.  Both times they went bad AFTER the warranty was over, of course.  My advice to everyone...  Once your warranty is about to expire, shake your 360 like a baby until it goes bad.   Just kidding Microsoft.  OR AM I? 

The solution is as simple as determining if it only happens with that game or if others do it too. then you can narrow it down.

Thanks everyone for the answers, I feel much better now lol. Spending another $200 isn't something I'd like to do atm lol.

It's not the Xbox just google your problem lots of ppl have had the same issue you might find a solution.

its an issue with Battlefield not your xbox

@NetshadeX

That's what someone else told me, a problem with a game. They said it has happened to them too, so I'm less worried now. Thanks for the response.

Yeah check ventilation... The xbox might have lots of fans but it still needs room !

You will get RROD and or Disk open error, its just a matter of time, Xbox is made in china, im on my 3rd xbox and the dvd is broken (2nd time) all my friends who own one have had one or the other, millions of people have, even my ps2 out lasted all three