Is this game worth gettin?

I've never played any of the versions of RE4. I know it was one of the best games of the last generation, but I never got around to actually playing it.

I looked into some reviews, and the main complaints are the controls and bloated textures.

Want an unbiased review whether to pass this game up, or pick it up on XBL for $20

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

its a FULL GAME for 20 bux, and to you a NEW GAME, get it, For a gamecube game it's comparable to 360 games...

how long is the game?

[quote user="CEE WEE x3"]

how long is the game?

[/quote]

Let's just say that the top players in the RE4 leaderboard finished the game in under two hours. But that requires knowing the game inside out, skipping each and every cutscene, having unlocked weapons with unlimited ammo, and bringing along items from your previous playthrough.

Depending on how thorough you are, expect 15 - 25 hours for your first play-through. Maybe a bit longer if you haven't played any Resident Evil game yet. And that's not counting retrying various parts a couple of times again, mostly boss fights and battles against large hordes of opponents.

I'm currently at around 19 hours, about 75% finished with the game, very, VERY thorough, backtracking often to save, and I've already played it four times on the GameCube.

Not only is the main game 15-25 hours long, you also get two extra missions once you beat it. Separate Ways and Assignment Ada. Both will add hours to your gameplay. It's like getting free DLC with the game. Plus, there's also the Mercenaries mode, which is like a firefight or horde mode in other games. The game itself is really addicting and hard to put down. I've played through it several times already. The only possible downside is the controls, but if you get used to that, it really is one of the best games of the past couple of console generations.

I was thinking about getting this but yeah, does the graphic upscaling make this worth another purchase or should I just play my PS2 copy if I'm feeling nostalgic?

I haven't played the originals, but I noticed some of cutscenes are obviously ported straight from them, since the resolution turns into lego blocks... So based on that I'd say yeah, it's a pretty big improvement graphics wise.

Thanks. lol I forgot about youtube videos, I checked it out and it looks great. I'm prolly gonna get a points card later today for it.

you're not a real gamer if you haven't played and completed resi 4!

So hop to it.

I just finished the main game, separate ways, and assignment ada last night, and it is honestly a FULL GAME.  I played this back on PS2, but it still took me over 25 hours to finish the main story line.  about 8 for separate ways, and an hour for assignment ada.  It's fun, addicting, and is a challenge.  I can't remember the last time I died so much in a game.  I'd say it's a must play if you wanna know what an important game is

An hour for Assignment Ada hmmm I played the GC version, only reason im getting is for the Ada mission still worth the money if you havent try it yet