Is this game better than the first one?

I am thinking about picking up this game, I played the first one and liked it.

Is this game as good or better than the first?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There are some segments were it's much better than the first game, and the ability to counter multiple enemies simultaneously is a plus. Then there are some segments, two in particular where the camera causes some cheap deaths while having a major brawl. Other than that and the annoying knife attack countering, it's a really good game, and you don't have to fight those annoying crazy guys from the first one that evaded your instant takedown then choked you.

Definitely better. Catwoman may take some getting used to, as my roommate complains about her lack of armor in comparison to Batman's, which didn't bother me.

Yes it is way better than the first one you don't fight scarecrow three times

I love more the first but is indeed better than the first.

I have to say after getting on board late with AA, AC is well worth it if you enjoyed AA.  I found AA a bit repeatitive in terms of the abilities and the fight scenes, but AC brings a lot more tools, weapons and a much more expansive "sandbox" type game.  Side missions and the other content make it a more difficult game to master, but very fun.  

If you liked the first one, your going to fall in love with this! ALOT more to do. ALOT more to free roam. AMAZING story, and really fun side missions. Not counting all the extra challenges you can play this time.

I like the first one better but that is not saying this one is not good as well.

I think Arkham City is a better GAME, but I think Arkah Asylum had a better STORY...

-

Probably because of the way the story in AA flowed right through being a more linier game... AC I find myself running around doing lots of other stuff...

-

Both have great stories though and both are great games... I I would and do suggest both games to everyone...

Game has it all.. stealth, button mashing, skillful combos, gadgets, free roaming, puzzles, great story, etc... not many games give u all that.

No chance.

AA was a much better game. this one is full of bugs and problems! Arkham city should of been a dlc pack for AA

I'd like to get my hands on a copy to try it out. Even if it is buggy, Arkham Asylum was an awesome game.

Arkham City is just as good as Arkham Asylum, but better in that it gives you so much more of the experience. Not a whole lot has changed, you just get 10x more of it with AC...... which is exactly what I wanted.