Is this Fallout or Elder Scrolls???

Was looking over the leaked manual, achievements & other posts ... and noticed some similarities:

• Able to store items in containers you do not own
  • Skill Books
  • Encumbrance is based on Stamina
  • Dialogue Options
  • Followers
  • Cooking increases effectiveness of food

Sooo ... since they were both created by Bethesda, does that mean there are going to be more coincidences???  ';cP

Or am I just reading too much into this?  But, those first two are Fallout staples!

Anyone notice any more?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't forget about the Perks!

They're just innovations to Bethesda's games that carry over. Just look at how similarly Oblivion and the most recent two Fallouts feel. Bethesda likes carrying proved features into their other works.

To be fair, there were Spell Tomes in Oblivion as well, if you got the DLC

Yes ... but the skill books in Skyrim are supposed to work just like in the Fallout series (i.e. add points to a specific ability).

Does this mean that we can expect to have V.A.T.S. in Skyrim too?  ';cP

Just because they have a few generic things similar to Fallout does not make it an exact copy. A lot of RPGs have Dialogue options, Stamina has always affected the amount you can carry, and skill books are just skill books.

Your arguement would be valid, IF Bethesda created Fallout.

"Yes ... but the skill books in Skyrim are supposed to work just like in the Fallout series (i.e. add points to a specific ability)".

You never found a Skill Book in Oblivion, did you?

You've always been able to put items in any given container in Oblivion?

Also, who cares if things from Fallout appear in Skyrim? Fallout does some things better than in Oblivion (clearly, Bethesda decided Lockpicking was better, for example) and Skyrim would benefit from those things.

I'm not saying to create a complete copy, but wow, no need to freak because some things are going to be added to Skyrim. Are you worried that Vault Boy will represent you in game?

I am only seeing nice additions from Fallout 3 so far.  What is your complaint?

Skill books existed as far back as Morrowind, same as the containers - heck in Morrowind my home was a pirate ship in the swamp that I cleared and never had any issue with respawns or containers loosing stuff.