Is this a good call of duty to start off on?

I'm planning on buying this game, but I haven't played any of the other call of duties. So should I just play the other ones before purchasing this one? thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's no different from the other COD;MW games, if you've already played COD:MW 1 then you've already played this one.

Save your money, keep playing BF3.

This game's as good as any to start with.

Is the story good though? I don't want to get this and end up not knowing what's happening. I don't know, I might just end up renting the other two modernwarfare games before purchasing the 3rd one maybe.

If you want a good taste of the campaign, start out with CoD4.

I would say yes.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about MP. If it's the campaign you're talking about then start with CoD4, MW2 and then MW3 if you want a cohesive story line.

Considering COD4 and WaW are hacked to crap and MW2 is all quickscopers now, yes.

If you are talking about camapaign then start out with COD4.   The MP in COD hasnt really changed much over the years after COD4.  Besides WAW, that was a really really good game. The multiplayer and campaign were excellent. In fact the campaign allowed 4 player co-op!  The only game of the entire series to do that. 

Just keep in mind MW3 campaign is THE shortest campaign of the entire series. Only about 5 hours long.

So should I get WAW then also? (Not really sure what it's abbreviated for though, lol.)

WAW (World At War)  Yes if you are looking for a great campaign, WAW was excellent and 4 player co-op.    COD4 had probably the best campaign of the series but the WAW campaign is very very good too.    I thought there was some sort of package deal that included all these games into 1 bundle?