Is there a way to try the multiplayer?

A friend loaned me his copy of BF3 a few days ago.  I've tried the campaign, but it's, well, not worth finishing for me.  I'd love to try the multiplayer, but it keeps asking me to sign up for the online pass for 10 bucks.  Is there a way to try it out without having to pay?  Or should I just return his game and forget that it exists?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would just return it, this game is broken and is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

[quote user="Coroner Rick"]

A friend loaned me his copy of BF3 a few days ago.  I've tried the campaign, but it's, well, not worth finishing for me.  I'd love to try the multiplayer, but it keeps asking me to sign up for the online pass for 10 bucks.  Is there a way to try it out without having to pay?  Or should I just return his game and forget that it exists?

[/quote]

Sorry but most of the game developers do online passes now. (NOT just EA) Without it you can't get online.

No one does this but EA.

The game has a 48 free trail period for people wanting to try the game out.  Check out this link you should be all set:

https://onlinepass.battlefield.com/index.php

Don't listen to Armani, he's a straight up dickwad.

-

As for a BF3 trial: https://onlinepass.battlefield.com/index.php

Oops!  double post!  Well, enjoy the game!

[quote user="Armani204"]

No one does this but EA.

[/quote]

Actually some of these games I got and looked up. They require online passes for multiplayer that has nothing to do with EA.

Saint's Row The third 

Fear 3

Resistance 3

Homefront

Bulletstorm

Mortal Kombat

Dirt 3

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Try here.

[/quote]

Lol I never knew they did that.

At least Ubisoft will tell you that you have a 3 day multiplayer trial in game.  Most people don't know that you can get the BF3 trial.  It really sours a lot of players on the game and I'm sure it results in lower sales.  Think of all the people who like to rent games and try them out before buying.