Is There a New 402?

Sure, 402 was a god-awful community manager & a covered-in-brown Activision yes man, but at least he was somewhat there. As far as I can, and maybe I'm just missing something, since his departure from IW, there's been zero interaction between the MW3 devs and the community. Am I wrong?

Is there anyone on Twitter we can ask about content drops or adding in No-Sniper gametypes or whatever else we want to ask? I know people will say go to the cod forums, but I'm not setting up an account over there for the once-every-six-months dev post.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bancandy posts on the MW3 forums quite often. As for Trolling, I do miss him a little tbh. Now we get a tweet one day before the content drop and we used to get a trailer the week before, interaction with the community is non existant.

Great, another Bowling bashing thread.

--

You can follow @CallOfDuty, @OneOfSwords or @CallOfDutyElite for MW3 news but don't expect replies.

I miss Robert Bowling too. :(

First of all, 402 hasnt been the community manager for over a year.

To my understanding its Guy Beahm from sledgehammer games. But I have never seen him address the public as such.

Goofle his name and you will find a lot of references to him being community manager ......... err maybe googling would work better.

im going to defend Robert on this post. He did not do anything wrong, it was the community that got into his head. They bashed him because they were mad about what was happening in the game. Many of you people complain about mod controllers, the hacking or you just rage quit because you got beat. he did not do anything wrong, in my opinion he was a perfect community manager and i wish the community would quit bashing him because of the not right features in Mw3. People who blame the game on someone need to grow up and realize its a game and you shouldnt take it seriously. Robert didnt make the game, he just took the feedback.

This topic certainly opens my eyes. People were bashing on Bowling? I loved that guy! To me, he was the face of IW & despite the game's problems, I realize that the game was made by a bunch of people, not just him. He took time out of his schedule to address the community & share what was great about the game & community he helped create. If the reason he left IW was because you guys bashed on him, then shame on you...

I think many people say he was a god-awful community manager because he didn't gave them the answers they wanted to hear. It's one of these cases where the voice of the few out speaks the voices of many. I think Bowling did a fantastic job given what he had. Now he's gone, and the kids have no one to troll anymore. Ungrateful little *****.

-

Yes. Bowling doesn't deserve the hate he got. I think we all owe him an apology for being huge a-holes.

My respect for him skyrocketed as he began showing his frustration with the company.  He knew what we wanted but had no power over making it happen (i.e. his frustrated comment that he would just give us old maps as free DLC).  I truly believe Bowling was on our side and we disrespected him purely out of frustration with what was happening with the game and company itself.  Sure, he was the face of the company, but he clearly understood what we wanted and wanted it for us--he just was kept restrained by that awful excuse for a company we know as Activision.

-

Further evidence comes from his very positive relations and frequent communication with the community back when CoD2 was out, as well as his comment that "everyone is too concerned about subscriber numbers and needs to go back to the good old days of doing what's right and what's best."  (Granted, I'm a huge old-school gamer who scorns leaderboards, stats, extrinsic incentives which strip the player of the intrinsic incentives for playing the game, etc.  CoD2, CS, GoW1, etc would be the best games on the market if they had simply updated graphics and made minor tweaks such as adding a sprint button.)  I respect him very highly, especially his decision to leave, and wish him luck in his future endeavors and thank him once more for his service in our nation's military and to our nation's population as a community rep.

-

I could honestly go on forever.  Gaming is going way downhill and I greatly respect Bowling for his decision to resist what he sees as clearly wrong.  Can't wait to see what he's doing next.

-

@Galactic Geek - That's not the reason he left at all.  He left because Activision (as well as most mainstream gaming companies nowadays) are terrible companies killing the fun of gaming in attempts to gain subscribers and maximize profits.  You shouldn't need an incentive to prestige other than doing it for the fun of it.  You shouldn't need to endlessly unlock things to want to play a game.  You shouldn't need to pay $50 a year for extra content and access to stats that, if available at all, should be available free.  You shouldn't need to pay $60 a year for a slightly altered version of a game you already own.  It's pathetic, and Bowling has obviously had enough.

Can't edit, but I just did some searching on Bowling's Twitter, and apparently he started a new company "from a brand new perspective and process."  They'll be revealing their first project next E3.  That's extremely exciting.  I'm hoping for a game as high-quality as CoD2.

-

Also, he said "[Ghost] is off-limits.  Rest in peace, sweet prince." haha

^^^ I think he's gone in to the mobile part of gaming.

As for a heads up on maps, PS3 just got informed via Twitter that they're getting their next content drop on Thursday.