Is the " saved file data " from an Installed to HDD game compatible with a Digital Download version game?

---

Hello everyone  :)

---

Is the " saved file data " from an Installed to HDD game compatible with a Digital Download version game?

---

I am asking this question because I want to pick-up Diablo 3, but I'd rather wait for the Digital Download version if the " saved file data " from an Installed to HDD Diablo 3 isn't compatible with the Digital Download version (I don't want to pay for the game twice. I also would rather have the Digital Download version of this game because I know that I will be playing it A LOT and prefer not to put any unecessary stress on my DVD Drive)  Thank you very much for your assistance regarding this matter, I really appreciate it  :)

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

A save file doesnt care if it is the digital download or retail copy at all. It will work with either.

---

Hello "Bluntman1138"  :)

---

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it  :)

---

Just out of curiosity, about how long does it take for a newly released game to become available for Digital Download?

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)

[quote user="Lei Fang DOAX3"]

---

Just out of curiosity, about how long does it take for a newly released game to become available for Digital Download?

---

[/quote]

It depends on the deal the developer and Microsoft have with each other. I think less then a week was Saints row IV so it could be anywhere from a week to a few months.  Lost planet three I think it took a week or maybe two after release. 

---

Hello "BIGB EC"  :)

---

Thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it  :)

---

Honestly, I'm not sure how much longer I can wait for the Digital Download version of Diablo 3 to become available.  Hopefully it comes out soon because I might just end up installing it to the HDD; I just recently found out that Installed to HDD is almost exactly like a Digital Download version, except for the fact that the Installed to HDD requires the actual disc in the tray to verify something then from this point onwards it is almost exactly like a Digital Download version.

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)