... Is the lag always that bad?

I've been kinda shying away from MK online up until now, simply because I wasn't good enough with any character to bother going online and getting my rear end handed to me. But after completely thrashing come CPU opponents I went online, played the same guy twice, one win one loss. No complaints there.

But the lag was RIDICULOUS. Like there would be as much as a 4/5 second window between my imputs and Kitana's reactions. I know that lag is to be expected in any online game, but that level of lag makes the game (Especially a fighting game where timing is everything) practically unplayable. Did I just connect to a guy with bad connection, or is the lag truly that bad across the game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You can go to speedtest.net and check your internet connection to see whether or not you are having connection problems, I dont really encounter lag that much as I do "dsynchronization."

[quote user="The Holy Pie"]

I've been kinda shying away from MK online up until now, simply because I wasn't good enough with any character to bother going online and getting my rear end handed to me. But after completely thrashing come CPU opponents I went online, played the same guy twice, one win one loss. No complaints there.

But the lag was RIDICULOUS. Like there would be as much as a 4/5 second window between my imputs and Kitana's reactions. I know that lag is to be expected in any online game, but that level of lag makes the game (Especially a fighting game where timing is everything) practically unplayable. Did I just connect to a guy with bad connection, or is the lag truly that bad across the game?

[/quote]

At launch and for months the lag was horrible.  Well, in truth, the game's online mode was still in an unofficial beta and we, the paying customer, was testing it for WBIE.  In early July they released an update that has greatly improved things.

Lag is still present of course, but it's not so bad and at least for me, lag to the extent you're describing is quite rare.

--
Juxtapose13

Just play ppl on your friends list that have no lag, I play online & I get some laggy matches but its not as often as it used to be.