Is the campaign single player only?

Halo 3, ODST, and Reach all had 4 player co-op campaigns.   I have not heard anything about this campaign being a co-op campaign. In fact they were talking about the campaign and kept saying "single player campaign".   I realize we have Spartan Ops but I really enjoy playing the 4 player co-op campaigns. Especially the Halo 3 campaign.  I played well over 270 campaign missions in that game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I very much doubt it. It would hardly kill the game, since nothing will kill it now, but it would be one of the worst moves they could come up with.

Yeah it sounds similar to what COD has been doing. They had 4 player co-op in WAW but now only have single player campaigns.  :(  Hopefully Halo 4 does not go down the same path of single player only.  If I remember correctly, they didnt announce Halo 3 had 4 player co-op until about a month before the game came out. So maybe they are just waiting.

Yes, at the very least, 2 player co-op has been "unofficially" confirmed in a previous Halo Bulletin. I'm not sure who was answering the questions (probably Frankie), but they stated that co-op partners would also appear as the Master Chief rather than another character (like the Arbiter or a random Elite).

~

When they refer to "single player", it means they aren't referring to online multiplayer matchmaking.

Still it would seem co-op focus is more on the episodic content so I'm not as confident I'll play co-op on the main campaign

When I went to comic con one of the 343 staff said it was 4 player co-op campaign.

They better have it. I still didn't see the need to remove firefight. Spartan Ops and Firefight could've co-existed.

Hopefully not. I would rather stick with the classic two-player co-op, instead of the unnecessary 4 player. Besides, Spartan Ops is already having 4 player co-op. I wouldn't push the envelope on this.  Better to have two Master Chiefs instead of an Elite. Especially when the Covenant are the enemy again. I would presume that would mess up the story, unless they feature the Arbiter, correct?

Four players as an option online or maybe even splitscreen, two players splitscreen sounds good to me.

[quote user="Gderrty"]

When I went to comic con one of the 343 staff said it was 4 player co-op campaign.

[/quote]

Is there any possibility you confused that with the spartan ops 4 player co-op?   Hopefully the campaign is indeed 4 player co-op.  It worked well in Halo 3, ODST, and Reach.  Removing 4 player co-op would be a huge step backward. 

This article says there is 4 player campaign co-op:   uk.xbox360.ign.com/.../1222537p1.html

Edit: Hopefully there is no lagg in co-op campaign.  Halo 3 used to lagg alot in co-op and Anniversary does as well.  Can't remember if Reach does but hopefully it's fixed.