Is Soul Calibur V any good?

I'm a big fan of fighting games. Mainly Mortal Kombat, Tekken and old school Street Fighter. I've never owned a Soul Calibur game before tho. Is it worth getting into the series now? How difficult is it compared to other fighters?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, the characters are kind of unbalanced.  Other than that it's a great game.  Also, you'd have to read into the previous games, or actually buy and play them, at least back to SC 3.  I'm talking about the story part of the game of course.

OP, try the demo of Soul Calibur 4 to see if you like it ; because there is no much difference with SC 5 IMO.

From what I've heard it's a solid fighter,  the character creator is amazing for one.

Its good, easy to get into, hard to master

Basically that^

It's pretty awesome. I can't put it down. Being a fan of Street Fighter I'd say you"ll like SCV since it play a bit like SF at least special move wise.

How is the Character Creation? I loved it on SC4 was what really made the game for me.

But, I had heard by others that it wasnt as good on V :(

The game is great, but for some reason it still runs from the disk when it is installed.

I just bought one of those silver controllers with the D-pad that changes. It looks awesome btw. Now I'm ready for SCV after I finish DS of course.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quoteuser="Moshed Brotatoe"]

How is the Character Creation? I loved it on SC4 was what really made the game for me.

But, I had heard by others that it wasnt as good on V :( [/quote]

Have you seen the character creator trailer? It's 10x as better than the one in IV.

[quote user="WILK0"]

The game is great, but for some reason it still runs from the disk when it is installed.

[/quote] It's an anti-pirate system, it will stop running after it gets done preforming it's checks.