Is Proficiency attached to the gun or to the class?

What I mean is let's say I am using a class with KICK proficiency. I kill some dude that is using FOCUS and pick up their gun. Does the gun I pick up now have my KICK proficiency or does the proficiency for me change to FOCUS?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Good question. I would assume it keeps their proficiency on the gun.

Considering it's called a WEAPON PROFICIENCY..

BTW, you feeling the need to even ask this question proves that most of the proficiencies don't even do anything.

I feel they do stuff.

I hardly ever take weapons found on the ground. So I can't think if they stay on the gun or on my class. I took someones gun today and it was pretty sweet. So I went on Elite to see what the load out was but noticed that it didn't have any proficiency listed in the classes.

Just because it's called Weapon Proficiency doesn't really mean or answer anything.

We just attach a skill to our guns? come on..

Probably to the weapon (for YOUR class and weapon). But I am guessing that if the dropped weapon had IMPACT as a proficency, then its still probably got it.

I'm pretty sure you change proficiencies according to what they were using but like the others who posted I'm not dead certain or anything.

It's the weapon: if you pick up a gun with the 2x Attachments proficiency, there are still two attachments on it.  Thus, the proficiency sticks with the weapon.

[quote user="FallenAngel9"]

It's the weapon: if you pick up a gun with the 2x Attachments proficiency, there are still two attachments on it.  Thus, the proficiency sticks with the weapon.

[/quote]ooooohhhhhh yeeeeeeeahhhh.

Some questions are just too deep sometimes.

Proficiencies definitely do stuff.....   Put range on a shotty and watch hilarity ensue...   Use kick on an ar and you have a laser gun....