so this is the process I have to go through in order to install a game, and actually get it to work:
- delete the game that is causing issues & remove the disc
- unplug the power to the One & wait 15 seconds before reconnecting the power cable, so it gets a fresh reboot
- disconnect the ethernet cable so it's no longer connected to Live
- reconnect the power & restart the One
- insert the disc & install the game to 100%
- unplug the power to the One & wait 15 seconds
- reconnect the ethernet & power cord and restart the One
- open the game, I typically get a message that there is an update available (not sure if it's the update process that causes the issue of not being able to install a game without going through this process)
- download the update to 100%
- unplug the power to the One, wait 15 seconds and restart the One
the game will then, and only then, run as intended...
I've had to run through this process each time i've installed a game (almost every game I've installed), and in the case of Ghosts, every time a new patch comes out, I have to delete the game & run this gauntlet if I want the game to work... it's a total PITA, but it seems to do the trick.
Seems to me that there has to be something going on in the One (bad hard drive maybe?) that keeps it from installing games properly. So is anyone else having this problem? Are there other solutions? Talking to Xbox support, they have me restore to factory default, which I have done multiple times, and it never fixes this issue. The only thing that I have found that keeps games running on my shiny new gaming rig is to go though the above when installing a game.