Is my xbox dying? :(

It's about 3 years old I got in May of 2009. Usually play it all day

I went to try in load a save from skyrim in I get Disc unreadable but it has no scratches, so I went to move the skyrim data to a Usb to see if my Hard drive was the issue but its letting me it said "There was a problem performing this action"

I also have it installed to the hard drive

I'm not sure if its the Hard drive or it's a sign the xbox is dying or I need to get an air can in blow the dust out of the xbox

I just tried to play halo 4 to see if my disc drive was the issue in I got an update for Halo 4 in it got halfway in said "Can't download xbox live update" To test connection, open system settings

Last night I tried playing Gears 1 last night in my Profile some how got corrupted when loading up Gears 1 (I believe it needed the update But it didn't do the update correctly but the update never popped up on screen) So I went to recover it is giving me "Sorry, Xbox live profiles can't be download right now, Try again later" So I tried using a Usb instead of the Hard drive as the storage device for the profile in it downloaded profile correctly

I haven't played Zombie apocalypse for months in its telling me it's magically corrupted 0.o

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You could try couple of things first, delete of of your cache.

1) Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

2) Select Storage or Memory.

3) Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

4) Select Clear System Cache.

5) Click on yes.

If that doesn't work, try to remove your hard drive and try to play the game. If it loads normally then yea you need a new hard drive. If not, then it is the lens of the disc reader which would also mean you need to send it to repair..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hello there

looks like something is wrong with the HDD hard drive. send it to repair

oh and dont forget to clear cache and see if it works

Sorry this didn't help.

This is definitely a harddrive failure. You will have to replace it or get it repaired if possible.

If you want to be safe (ie sure you have no problem with the console), use only your usb and try to do everything you had problems with.

I hate dying consoles but I think your's is fine even if the harddrive is busted, hopefully.

Sorry this didn't help.