Is My XBOX 360 Broke?

I Dropped My XBOX 360 With The MW2 Game Disc Inside,The Xbox Was Still Turned On,I Went To Play MW2 And After I Go Into A Game It Says The Disc Is Unreadable So I Put In Black Ops 2 And That Gets Stuck On A Black Screen. Any Suggestion Would Be Helpful.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You can try a few other games, DVDs, etc. and see if anything will read but it sounds like something might have been damaged.  Unfortunately, by acknowledging the actions done you've also voided your warranty, if it was still within the warranty period ("damaged by any external cause (including, for example, by being dropped, used with inadequate ventilation, etc., or failure to follow instructions in the instruction manual").  Hopefully, you can get some of your games or movies working.  Please keep us posted if you get an error messages or error numbers, as we could possibly provide solutions to those.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There's a good chance that you destroyed your MW2 disc. You most likely now have deep circular rings on the bottom (shiny) side of the disc. These rings are almost impossible to get out and you'd be better off just buying a new disc.

As for the black screen on BO2. That's actually not an uncommon problem and is usually solved by a restart.

Try other discs in your console to see if they work, if they don't then you broke your console and it should be sent in for repairs.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with the others it sounds like you have broken it.

Sorry this didn't help.