Is my money not as green as everyone elses? Can't purchase Xbox Live Gold.

There is a promotion going on right now for 3 months of xbox live gold (if you are renewing your membership) for $12.50 under some Modern Warfare 3 Promotion Topic. I have tried about 25 times to do this. I have a prepaid Visa on my account $20 to be precise. And every time I hit "confirm purchase" I get a new error code... Ex: 80190821 and it says "Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later." I've tried again later, now, then, and before. Guess who still hasn't successfully gotten a 3 month for 13 dollars... Please help me, anyone.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey! This is more of a purchasing issue so I am going to more your thread to forum 06. :) In the meantime have you tried checking to see if the card information matches the billing/payment information on your account? You can also easily try using another card!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Generally, you cannot use pre-paid cards to purchase Live time as all subscriptions require recurring payments, and most pre-paid cards do not allow these recurring charges.

Sorry this didn't help.

You'll want to check the ToU on the prepaid card to make sure it allows for online, reoccuring and preauthorized purchases. If it disallows any of those three it will not work.

With that error code and/or too many attempts to make a purchase will usually put a lock timer on it. Best thing to do is wait 48 hours and try again.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is really starting to aggravate me.... I've changed my payment option to a NEW card. (My Bank Debit/Credit Card. Which I did not want to do again, since I've had various unauthorized charges from Microsoft the last time my card was a payment option (i.e. $2.00 fee, $5.34 fee) For no reason at all. No email, no explanation, and when I called they said it never happened.. But, anyway. I added that, still same error code.. I added a paypal account.. WOW, still error code.. Could it have anything to do with the fact that my account originated on another xbox (older model that I shared with a brother), and I now have my own xbox (I'm the only player on it) and it's an xbox slim. Perhaps could it be a license issue? If so, then I'll have to purchase map packs for several games on my brothers xbox so he will still have them after the license transfer. Or will transferring licenses also mess up his account (or no because it's still on the original xbox it's been on?). THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY RESPONSE. ANYBODY!  

Sorry this didn't help.

This wouldn't be a licensing issue.... If you transferred licenses then he wouldn't be able to use the content, so may not want to do that.

The 80190821 code usually means authorization failure SOMEWHERE. Could be anywhere along the line between various checkpoints from MS and the card/paypal. When it gives that status code, if you try again within 24-48 hours, it will happen again.

Its best to wait at least 48 hours before trying again. It puts some lock and if you try before the lock is reset, it starts the counter over. Rather annoying that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys! I'm seeing that this error suggests there is a discrepancy between the information on the payment method and the account itself (forums.xbox.com/.../32.aspx). This could be the name, address, region, etc. Please ensure that these two profiles match up and try again. Let me know if this helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.