Is Multiplayer Broken?

I go prone or on a knee with an M4 empty half a mag on a guy, he jumps in the air with a Barret or AR and kills me with one shot. How can they call the game balanced? Either something is very wrong with the game that needs to be addressed or they are turning it into Halo, where you just run around shooting wildly. I know this is just a game but we were taught to go prone or on a knee in MW1 and MW2 because it helped with accuracy and grouping of shots, this was built into the game. So is it different now in MW3 because the game feels broken, where previously if you ran around like an idiot without checking your corners and windows you would get killed like you should,, now it seems it becoming like Halo where it doesnt matter if you are on a knee or aiming down sights you just need to be 5 meters away from someone to kill them. I'm already sick of multiplayer after 2 days, where I am still playing Black Ops now and played MW2 until Black Ops came out. I'm also finding the rifles way too loud and voice chat too low.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

MW2 had an unfortunate glitch that allowed for something called 'Quick Scoping', (basically point your sniper rifle in the general direction of an enemy then pull LT and shoot...instant kill). Lots of people exploited this as absolutely no skill was required.

MW3 has a feature called 'Quick Scoping' because lots of people with no skill screamed and wailed.

Smells a bit like lag or maybe he was wearing a ballistic vest as to why you couldnt kill him.

Nice sig twisted, nice to see you knew about Keith before Celeb Juice - J'teme j'teme!

Out of all the factors in this game you determine quick scoping is the component that doesn't require skill?

Hiding behind cover = skill

running in a room spamming the shotgun = skill

Laying down with a heart beat sensor = skill

But quick scoping and drag scoping doesn't require skill, really? I can't believe i use to be a fan boy of the franchise like the rest of the community.

All the rules have changed in this game. One of the biggest is that now the person with the worst internet connection gets rewarded the most. What a fantastic world we live in.

[quote user="Skweezle II"]

MW2 had an unfortunate glitch that allowed for something called 'Quick Scoping', (basically point your sniper rifle in the general direction of an enemy then pull LT and shoot...instant kill). Lots of people exploited this as absolutely no skill was required.

MW3 has a feature called 'Quick Scoping' because lots of people with no skill screamed and wailed.

[/quote]

QSing has been around since CoD 3. It was not invented in MW2.

[quote user="VacatedPenny7"]

I go prone or on a knee with an M4 empty half a mag on a guy, he jumps in the air with a Barret or AR and kills me with one shot. How can they call the game balanced? Either something is very wrong with the game that needs to be addressed or they are turning it into Halo, where you just run around shooting wildly. I know this is just a game but we were taught to go prone or on a knee in MW1 and MW2 because it helped with accuracy and grouping of shots, this was built into the game. So is it different now in MW3 because the game feels broken, where previously if you ran around like an idiot without checking your corners and windows you would get killed like you should,, now it seems it becoming like Halo where it doesnt matter if you are on a knee or aiming down sights you just need to be 5 meters away from someone to kill them. I'm already sick of multiplayer after 2 days, where I am still playing Black Ops now and played MW2 until Black Ops came out. I'm also finding the rifles way too loud and voice chat too low.

[/quote]

Crouching for accuracy? LOL....CoD has always been played the same as Halo. You run around and shoot wildly, that's what CoD is. You want a game that takes skill to aim and get kills, play Battlefield. Otherwise, stop crying.

[quote user="suppafinga"]

[quote user="Skweezle II"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was in CoD1 and CoD2. There it was much more prominent than even in CoD3.

I do love the no-skill required remark. So it's easier to aim and hit your first shot than it is to spray with an automatic? If that were the case, the overused and overpowered weapons in MW2 wouldn't have been the UMP and ARs.

It's always refreshing to read a Jagriff comment. Having to read comments from the likes of that old guy and such makes me depressed.

True but it went away in black ops