Is modifying your gamertag considered a ban-worthy offense?

And if so, is it grounds for temporary or permanent suspension?

Because I surely thought so. Not that I would ever even care to do something like that, I think hacking is lame. But there's this one guy who boosted to the top of a leaderboard that I frequent, and he has had a transiently modified gamertag for months (years even probably). I keep on filing a complaint on him for 'system tampering' from time to time, but nothing ever seems to be done. He's still just playing away on his Xbox every day, doesn't seem to have a job, or a life, ruining leaderboards for his own selfish vanity.

I don't expect the leaderboard to be corrected, the damage has been incurred, what's done is done. I've already inevitably accepted that leaderboard integrity doesn't matter. But I just don't understand how (or why) Microsoft XBLPET allows someone like that to keep doing what he's doing on Xbox Live by perpetually modifying his name. This is what I and countless others have come to know as the Futility of the File-a-Complaint system.

So I just wanted to know if they even care about things like that anymore, or if I just keep downgrading my own "commenting power" by continuing to notify and make XBLPET aware of this legitimate hacker and cheater who they have failed to sort out, time and time again.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Send a PM to one of the XBLPET guys, that might raise their interest.

I feel your pain.  I have also filed complaints and wondered why is nothing happening.  I was told that it takes time.  They cant just supend over a complaint filed.  They have to go through and check everything, they have to be 1000% sure before a perma ban is issued.  It took some time but I finally read about it on the suspension fourms.  Oh, by the way, the "team" that does this is not that big ( by #).  Hope this helps.

From the understanding of the way the Filed Complaint System works (speculation only and nothing to confirm), that if the Profile is Modified via In-Game Content that needs to verified and addressed with the Developer of the Title.

Now "how much" the XBLPET works in conjunction with each Developer would be anyone's guess. They do uphold the integrity of the System as a whole. it would be kinda nice though if some Filed Complaints actions either had a short "description" for Content or clarification. For example, Game Content is referred to as "Offensive" and not modified even though it would take a modified Console to complete the task.

I think that might be part of the problem with the Complaint System, some Filed Complaints do not always fit each or none of the Categories available? Just an fyi OP, all it takes is one Filed Complaint. Don't File repeatedly on the same Profile. This can in turn drop your accuracy of Filed Complaints if it is not valid and won't help it at all if it is.

[quote user="LostKauz"] For example, Game Content is referred to as "Offensive" and not modified even though it would take a modified Console to complete the task.

[/quote]

Interesting, I never even thought about it that way.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

I think that might be part of the problem with the Complaint System, some Filed Complaints do not always fit each or none of the Categories available? Just an fyi OP, all it takes is one Filed Complaint. Don't File repeatedly on the same Profile. This can in turn drop your accuracy of Filed Complaints if it is not valid and won't help it at all if it is.

[/quote]

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

I am also well aware of the account suspensions forum, and have acknowledged that the XBLPET does indeed try to do their job. Perhaps the size of the team, as another poster inclined, is a factor. Especially with the masses of complaints I'm sure they get about some guy who just noobcaked some kid who is all sore up about it. Just seems like a system that needs a little revamping, as you say, maybe to include a little detailed description about it, be able to gauge the filer's ability to create a valid work-up of what exactly went down.

If you want ridiculous hacked leaderboard scores look at the top 5 on the Toy soldiers Cold war Leaderboards.

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

Send a PM to one of the XBLPET guys, that might raise their interest.

[/quote]

Sadly they will probably tell you nothing.