Is Modern Warfare 3 the new Battlefield?

Is it really that unbelievable that it's not butter?

Discuss.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope MW3 is terrible, I'd rather watch every ending of ME3 a million times before I play that.

Unfunny memes are unfunny.

-

In other news, I like the fast paced game that is Call of Duty, and dislike the fast paced game that is Battlefield 3. The previous Battlefield game was not so fast paced and you planned your way through maps. Battlefield 3 is just choke points and nowhere to plan to go but head on.

[View:http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/13389707.jpg]

for all my "pomp and circumstance" verbal meandering.....I just want DICE to give players a full Conquest and full Rush map rotation....aside from splash damage removal, I think the game itself is reasonably well balanced...I'd just like to play my favorite game mode on all the maps.....like it was before

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

"you can have it your way...just so long as your way is the same as our way".......you're reiterating my point....COD out sells everything else ....hence everyone else in the same niche wants to be like COD...but sooner or later the oversaturation of the same crap becomes the very thing that ruins it...its strength becomes its weakness.....McDonalds caught on....realized people were getting wise to the fact that their food was unhealthy garbage....so they started marketing "healthier alternatives" on their menus

-

eventually every FPS will be almost the same as every other......then  they quit selling very well...then someone breaks the mold ...and innovates.....then the process begins again

[/quote]

...Which has been my point for the most part.  Except I don't hold out hope that there will be a magic moment when innovation returns and molds are broken.  the top tier games have established what modes of the FPS are successful and everything after it will include aspects of it.  whats left to do, or innovate, or change?   

I think McDonalds knows their market very well, and those people don't value "health" over convenience. 

"you can have it your way...just so long as your way is the same as our way".......you're reiterating my point....COD out sells everything else ....hence everyone else in the same niche wants to be like COD...but sooner or later the oversaturation of the same crap becomes the very thing that ruins it...its strength becomes its weakness.....McDonalds caught on....realized people were getting wise to the fact that their food was unhealthy garbage....so they started marketing "healthier alternatives" on their menus

-

eventually every FPS will be almost the same as every other......then  they quit selling very well...then someone breaks the mold ...and innovates.....then the process begins again

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

McDonalds is the market leader in it's niche.....doesn't mean I should have to be stuck with a Big-Mac and the saltiest fries on the planet at every other restaurant I might visit...Battlefield should stick to being Battlefield, Call of Duty should remain Call of Duty....change is great...innovation is great....but mimicking?.......smaller maps, fewer players, no objectives.....just not very innovative in my opinion ....been there....years ago

-

this game won't have packed servers a year from now.....BC2 did 18 months after launch...this one won't be as popular....and thats disappointing

[/quote]

McDonalds is probably at the pinnacle of their marketspace  and has no doubt influenced everything under it beyond the burgers and fries you mentioned.  Just like CoD. 

the smaller maps/fewer players thing is just a portion of what this game offers, why hang on it as an example of the whole?

McDonalds is the market leader in it's niche.....doesn't mean I should have to be stuck with a Big-Mac and the saltiest fries on the planet at every other restaurant I might visit...Battlefield should stick to being Battlefield, Call of Duty should remain Call of Duty....change is great...innovation is great....but mimicking?.......smaller maps, fewer players, no objectives.....just not very innovative in my opinion ....been there....years ago

-

this game won't have packed servers a year from now.....BC2 did 18 months after launch...this one won't be as popular....and thats disappointing

[quote user="ll Hooch ll"]

Personally, I used to be a huge CoD fan. But, the once a year clone got to be too much, as well as the blatant disrespect for the community that made their game what it was. That said, I played Bad Company 2 in it's beta phase and my GOD what a shooter! It actually took some aim to kill people, bullets actually had some ballistics, vehicles... it just ecompassed everything that a "war" shooter should be. Then this game came out, like 3 CoDs later and you have yet another wannabe. Its not CoD that bothers me... its the fact that every other shooter out there has forgone trying to do something unique and fresh for the troves of idiots and casual gamers that make up the player base of most shooters now. So, to appeal to these idiots, they just started stuffing so much filler and flashy stuff to attract the ADHD crowd. And with all this crap comes sever balance issues, glitches, OP weapon abuse, explosive spam, and many other douchebaggery. Its just the nature of the beats. Heck, even the new Ghost Recon game has sold out. And that used to be about as niche a game as you could buy. If that new Rainbow Six ever comes out, I prolly wont touch it. And thats one of my favorite all time shooters.

-

Just sucks to see such good games ruined by trying to follow in CoD's foot steps. A clone a year from Activision is enough...

[/quote]

Seeing as the Call of Duty franchise is the market leader in multi-billion dollar industry, expect more of the same.  It's not enough for companies to just exist, or do what they did, they have to :"grow or die", which means improve marketshare.  Don't expect any innovation in the FPS world, IMO.  they'll run this just like the rest of the entertainment industry.  (See: Ironman 4, Priates of the Caribbean 4, Twilight 4, Taylor Swift, etc.)

Personally, I used to be a huge CoD fan. But, the once a year clone got to be too much, as well as the blatant disrespect for the community that made their game what it was. That said, I played Bad Company 2 in it's beta phase and my GOD what a shooter! It actually took some aim to kill people, bullets actually had some ballistics, vehicles... it just ecompassed everything that a "war" shooter should be. Then this game came out, like 3 CoDs later and you have yet another wannabe. Its not CoD that bothers me... its the fact that every other shooter out there has forgone trying to do something unique and fresh for the troves of idiots and casual gamers that make up the player base of most shooters now. So, to appeal to these idiots, they just started stuffing so much filler and flashy stuff to attract the ADHD crowd. And with all this crap comes sever balance issues, glitches, OP weapon abuse, explosive spam, and many other douchebaggery. Its just the nature of the beats. Heck, even the new Ghost Recon game has sold out. And that used to be about as niche a game as you could buy. If that new Rainbow Six ever comes out, I prolly wont touch it. And thats one of my favorite all time shooters.

-

Just sucks to see such good games ruined by trying to follow in CoD's foot steps. A clone a year from Activision is enough...