Is Max Payne 3 a region restricted game?

Hello everyone! I'm new to these forums. I have a question that i'd appreciate if someone could answer; 

So as it stands, there are only a handful of locations in the world where Xbox LIVE is supported. I have the misfortune of not being in one of those locations. I had to put united states as my location even though that's not where i'm currently living, so I could have access to Xbox LIVE. There are certain DLC and games that I am not able to download because of my location. The only way for me to know if I am able to download something or not, is to confirm my purchase. If I'm not able to download something it will inform me so in the form of a message, stating "this item isn't available from your current location." Now, I have read up on that and understand why it is so. I also read the sticky, but that wasn't of much use. 

On to my problem... Max Payne 3 is currently on sale on the Xbox marketplace, but I can only purchase it with MS points, and I  have no way of knowing if i'm able to purchase something or not, up on to the point I actually confirm my purchase. What i'm getting at is, I don't want to purchase MS points to then find out that i'm not able to buy Max Payne 3  because "this item isn't available from your current location." Is there any way at all of knowing beforehand, whether I'm able to purchase something or not? Why exactly cant it display a window informing me whether or not the item is available from my location, BEFORE I confirm my purchase? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

pretty sure it is against the rules to create an account out of the region your supposed to be in, I am in USA and would be against the rules to create say a Japan account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First off, what location are you based in?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.