Is long distance system link possible?

Since day one this game has given serious lag for me and my friends when we try to play Co-Op over Xbox Live (it affected both of us, host AND client, equally).

At the weekend we played Co-Op over system link when I went to visit him. It was perfect, no lag anywhere.

The problem with this is that he lives 96 miles away and neither of us a network cable that long.

Is there a way to trick our routers into letting us play a system link game over the internet and cut out Xbox Live as the game would do if we were in the same house?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I guess not then,  I figured there might be some legal issues with this idea.

I just wish something could be done about the horrible lag :(

People used to play the original Halo on the original Xbox over the internet using Xbox Connect (http://www.xbconnect.com/).  I've never used it, but the site is still up - check out the downloads section.

Thanks for that,  I'll have a look in to this later.  I knew it existed for the original Xbox, I had no idea it still worked with the 360!

I found other ways of doing it but they all seemed to involve modifying the Xbox and said I wouldn't be able to access normal Xbox Live any more (which I didn't want as all other games work perfectly).

Thanks again!