Is lonesome road the last dlc?

Not counting the minor dlcs like gun arsenal etc. If so, what do you guys think of the dlcs so far? Comparing to fallout 3 dlcs I think NV dlcs is quite disappointing (I mean fallout 3 has point lookout and broken steel!). The worse decision they made is not making a dlc that extend the ending. But still, considering the fact that the price is 800 ms points it is quite value for money.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Vegas's were much better. I love how all the DLCs are connected somehow w/ the Courier 6, The Divide, the platinum chip and Uylesses. It really ties in the game.

And the reason why they don't have a DLC to extend the ending is because NV has a definite ending compared to 3. It concludes everything you did. If there was a DLC like that, they would have too create 100+ different kinds too fit the ending people had. Fallout 3 didn't do that. Besides, you get a chance to revert back to your save once you beat it.  

I can't really speak for NV's dlc, while i've downloaded them all, I actually haven't started them.  As for FO3, you pointed out Point Lookout & Broken Steel, which were both awesome, you also failed to point out how mediocre Anchorage, Pitt & the Alien dlc's were.

As for what i've heard w/ NV's, and i'm sure others can clarify this.... Dead Money is pretty bad, Honest Hearts is ok, and Old World Blues is pretty awesome.

I'm gonna hold judgment until: 1) I actually play NV's.  2) The rest of NV dlc comes out.    =]

1) Dead Money is below average, but not abysmal. 4/10. I personally liked it, but it certainly isn't great. Perhaps a 5/10, actually, since it does a different style of gameplay very well. No notable inventory, but a good gameplay experience and decent story, along with plenty of wealth.

2) Honest Hearts is abysmal. 2 or 3/10. Boring, repetitive quests, limited exploration, simple opponents and an overall bland adventure are certainly not what you want. Some good loot, maybe, but nothing new, other than a .45 Pistol and SMG.

3) Old World Blues is fantastic. 8 or 9/10. Great characters, lots of new items, lots of interest (particularly in exploration, unlike Honest Hearts), broad range of enemies, a thorough coverage of content (all aspects are covered: adventure, combat, character and even things like being able to re-evaluate your Traits are awesome to include).

________

1) Operation Anchorage is OK. 6/10, because there's plenty of new inventory, gameplay flexibility and an acceptable questline. Not the greatest, but not bad, and the loot afterwards makes for a far better game experience, along with access to Power Armour earlier.

2) The Pitt is one of my favourite: 9/10. Good adventure, good combat, brilliant story, decent extra loot and a playstyle not too unlike Dead Money. Hard to describe why I really like this but it's great, to say the least. Even the fetch quest here is great, since you don't HAVE to finish it and it still pays extremely well.

3) Broken Steel: 7/10, although the additional levels and game continuation are HUGELY appreciated.. The Gun Runner's Arsenal will do much the same for NV. Perfectly fine additional story, some additional items, awesome higher cap and great game continuation. F3 was a bit short without this.

4) Point Lookout: 8 or 9/10. This had it all: great exploration, quests, enemies, general interest (better quality quests and many reasons to play the DLC, even several times in) and was just generally very high quality. I'm not a fan of the setting but the DLC was definitely one of the best.

Mothership Zeta: this only gets a 3 or 4/10. Aliens are silly, rather than interesting, and the additional story was... not there at all? Additional items were good... but not as good as Anchorage, or even The Pitt. Different Plasma Pistols are still only Plasma Pistols, whereas the Infiltrator and Stealth Armour were entirely new. It also traps you on their ship, encouraging survival and foraging gameplay like Dead Money or The Pitt, but exploration was extremely boring barring a few rooms such as the Cargo Hold. Why search a ship when the vast majority of items were only scenery?

________

People say that NV's DLC is amazing because it all backs up the story. Christine/Elijah were not important before Dead Money, and OWB continues that chain rather than the original main story. Honest Hearts does little for this too, as Joshua's part is minor and shows very little of him relating to the main, Nevada questline.

Their minor hints towards Ulysses are interesting, but minor. Ulysses' story itself was minor until Bethesda/Obsidian hyped it up a bit, which is fine to do and has clearly worked. My opinion might change after the Lonesome Road, but as of now that point is completely worthless.

Honest Hearts feels incredibly tacked on to me, not fitting in or necessary in the slightest, and helping the characters there is meaningless. Why bother? Every time I play this I wonder when I can get out as soon as I start, and their plight means nothing to me.

Mothership Zeta feels a little the same way, but that's mostly because it takes you out in an unexpected direction, not because it IS entirely worthless. I am not attached to the characters at all, but at least the Alien Scout Ship was already in the Wasteland, that's all I'm going to say. Remove that and then it would have been just as poor.

All in all, I prefer to play Fallout 3's DLC, but OWB sets a GREAT trend for the Lonesome Road. NV's DLC is also longer, all-in-all.

Yes! Lonesome Road will be the last DLC for New Vegas.

yes the last one, i think broken steel and point lookout were the best in fallout 3, fallout 3 and vegas had good stories and gameplay but i like the vault start better, but new vegas has a better layout and more stuff to do, enemies,guns, ammo, and factions, but it was also more new. but the next fallout game will have all.

I've enjoyed the DLC for both games but if Lonesome Road is as good as I'm expecting New Vegas will have the edge. I've liked all 3 DLC's released for New Vegas so far and I'm looking forward to Lonesome Road. For Fallout 3 I enjoyed Point Lookout, The Pitt, and Broken Steel but I didn't like Mothership Zeta and I didn't enjoy Operation: Anchorage too much.

lonesome road looks badass i think it will be the best yet of all the fallout dlc. the story, weapons, and the enviroment its going to be in, cant wait.

I Carry The Flag Of Rainbows & Sparkles

Lonesome road was disapointing except the ending choice.

I won't give it away but it's almost worth the almost hour it took to beat (without scouring the big divide for all the hidden stuff)