Is less actually more?

With games like Rust, Dayz and Minecraft becoming more and more popular it makes me wonder, "Can less actually be more?".

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No mans sky will be less but more(endless).

Minecraft 360 edition has been boring without updates lately but I will start a new world after tu14.

Ya, the problem with minecraft 360 is that it is too limited.  If it were closer to the PC version (which I believe the xbox one version will be), it would be even more popular.  The maps are way too limited and there isn't nearly enough "customization".  I can't believe they didn't offer more with how popular it became.  

I'm not sure what no mans sky is, but I will look into it.

I'm also looking into building my first gaming PC for a few different games ($800ish not including peripherals) and building my gf a cheaper gaming PC strictly for games like minecraft.

Also 4j( devs of minecraft xbox 360,one,ps3,ps4) are too busy to do alot of work on one console alone.

I hope they use cloud power foe xbox one edition.

What do you mean by less?

^ I think he means not a AAA game. Like indie games

Minecraft is pretty much limitless, so it wouldn't have less content than other games, although depending on the person it might.

-

Less graphically clear. Less money to make?

Games like minecraft, dayz and rust are so simple.  It's like giving a kid a box of legos and some army men and letting them use their imagination.  This isn't meant to be negative, I think it works in their favors.  I think the other part of it is a "co-op" niche that is currently lacking on all consoles.  People can play these games with friends.  There is no real objectives, there is no real story, you are not bound to anything, they are just open worlds that you can do what ever you want with.

[quote user="CODukes4"]

With games like Rust, Dayz and Minecraft becoming more and more popular it makes me wonder, "Can less actually be more?".

[/quote]Less can be more, but it is usually less when it comes to games, if a game is unique it will stand out from the crowd and will do relatively well on a console where being unique is in the minority...

Well, I'd say there's more gameplay in Minecraft than what you find in some games.

I don't really think Rust or DayZ can be considered "less"... They have huge maps with upwards to 150 people playing on one map at a time.