is it possible?

is it possible for a player to be in a game but  NOT  be seen on your radar ... i recently played a game(BTS) where for the first 40secs of the game the player was playing and you could see him/her on the radar scope,  at 42 secs into the game the player was still there but was no longer playing, just standing there and their marker on the radar just disappeared and for the rest of the game thats the way it remained .....how is this possible?  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

if he wasnt moving, the radar would not detect him, also happens while crouching

are you being serious with your question?

of course i'm being serious ... i have never seen it before ......EXXXCUUUSE  ME..... that i don't know ALL the in and outs of this game ...its not like 343i explains ANYTHING at all on how things work .....

If you walk slowly, it's like crouching, no radar detect* Sometimes, I see cloakies with no radar dot blips which, I'm thinking is a lucky accidental occasional glitch.

No movement, absolutely no detection on radar. With the exception of crouch walking.

OK, perhaps if we stopped referring to it as a radar it would eliminate some of the confusion. It's not a radar, it's a motion sensor. It senses motion. If there is nothing moving around you there will be no contacts on the sensor. If a person is moving slow enough, generally by crouching, there will be no contacts. It's only when there is a person within range of the sensor and they are moving fast enough that they will show up on the sensor.

ok thanks for that .....  no radar .... motion sensor it is ..... and i will just walk a little slower and maybe they(the enemy) wont see me as much and hopefully i wont get killed as much ..... ;)

It's a fascinating motion sensor that detects immobile vehicles ; )

And inanimate ordnance drops :D

The mystery only continues ; )

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

It's a fascinating motion sensor that detects immobile vehicles ; )

[/quote]

Wow... I never thought about that before but you're absolutely right!  How... how can that be!? I now have doubts about the realities of the Halo 4 gaming experience! How can anything feel real again for me!?  You've ruined it! lol