is it possible for microsoft to install a game for me because mines broken

my fallout new vegas a disc burn and i want to play bad so is it possible for microsoft to install it for me so i can play it off the hard drive

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Microsoft won't install it for you in the way of giving you a digital version for free.

Your options are either to purchase the game on demand, or to buy another retail copy of the game and install it to your hard drive, however you will still need to keep the disc of course.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Or if it's not too badly scratched, you could take it to a game store and see if they can buff the disc up for you.  Most stores that sell pre-owned games have disc cleaning machines that can remove scratches. 

If your disc is still recognised when you put it in your console there is another option you could try too.  To do it, you will need another copy of the game, so either borrow a Fallout Vegas from a friend or rent a copy.  Install this disc to your consoles hard drive and then use your disc to run the game.

Your disc doesn't have 'disc burn'.  Your disc is in fact scratched.  The Xbox 360's DVD drive isn't powerful enough to 'burn' a disc.  What happened was, your disc came in to physical contact with the DVD lense.  It was this lense that scratched your disc.

Sorry this didn't help.

i guess i could rent a copy of the game from a video store and install to my hard drive and play it off my hard drive

Sorry this didn't help.