is it pos to delete earlier updates for battlefield 3??

i downloaded battlefield 3 premo addition and it takes up about 9 gig so far, is it possible to delete earlier updates to create more room??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Yeah 90% sure you can delete all patches except the latest patch. This just word I've heard from peasants without space on their hard drive but still...

thanks zehq, i noticed you have played halo wars how does it compare with other r.t.s games?

not if you want to keep playing mp-it takes all that space-sucks huh

All you need is the most recent update.

I wied EVERYTHING off my HDD when I last took a BF break and when I returned, all I could be bothered to download was TU4 which was the most recent update at the time.

Rolled with that for about a week then decided I wanted all the new guns again so I downloaded CQ and B2K.

As long as you're fine with playing the vanilla maps and not having any unlockable guns, all you need is the most recent Update.

a friend once downgraded to a 4gb system but was able to play BF3 online but only on the original maps after just downloading the last patch.

so yes you can remove most then download whats needed.

this reminds me, i wonder if i dumped the old patches then got what was only needed for all the DLC maps if it would help improve performance?

[quote user="CosmicStrike"]

this reminds me, i wonder if i dumped the old patches then got what was only needed for all the DLC maps if it would help improve performance?

[/quote]

I did this.

Haven't noticed any big difference in performance but there is more HD space there now.

how much space

[quote user="Zehq"]

Yeah 90% sure you can delete all patches except the latest patch. This just word I've heard from peasants without space on their hard drive but still...

[/quote]wow! Double-post wasn't my fault neither thank-you MS!

[quote user="Zehq"]

[/quote]lol!

what....are you ''royalty" kangaroo jack?....