Is It Just Me?

...or has anyone else noticed that the multiplayer reminds one of COD: everything has to be unlocked at "level ??".  I mean, I can't even put a simple triangle on my suit with unlocking level 21!  And why has the MP been dumbed down in selections?  There is no FFA (execpt Regicide) and you can't save any custom types.  And just the sheer number of games types is a fraction of what was on the previous 3 versions...even H:CE for goodness sake's.  And the customization on "custom games" is like wise just a fraction of its' predeccessors'.

Good news is that Campaign seems to be great so far....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

When you can lay in the grass knife someone 20 feet away and call in a tactical nuke to end the game then you can call it call of duty. ( yes I stole that from a user here bite me)

[quote user="RED SHIFT1"]

...or has anyone else noticed that the multiplayer reminds one of COD: everything has to be unlocked at "level ??".  I mean, I can't even put a simple triangle on my suit with unlocking level 21!  And why has the MP been dumbed down in selections?  There is no FFA (execpt Regicide) and you can't save any custom types.  And just the sheer number of games types is a fraction of what was on the previous 3 versions...even H:CE for goodness sake's.  And the customization on "custom games" is like wise just a fraction of its' predeccessors'.

Good news is that Campaign seems to be great so far....

[/quote]

Why is everyone saying Halo 4 is Call of Duty... It may have features but it certainly doesn't play like it... It's called be patient and learn a thing called "balance". 343i are working their *** off to balance the game for complete fairness, don't be ungrateful. They need to setup the game modes for maths coding, if they rush it then the game mode would turn out bad.

Been a while since I played CoD butI don't recall it ever playing like H4. They kept the gametypes simple so that the population wasn't divided by numerous game modes.

No, not really.

-

Gameplay is all about precision weapons. DMR and BR 90% of the time. 4 shots then 1 more for the head. That's the name of the game. This feels more like a Halo game (whatever that actually means these days) than Reach ever did. Armour abilities in Reach dictated the way you played. In 4 they enhance the core gameplay.

Armour Lock slowed down gameplay to a crawl and so on. Here in 4, nothing drastically changes gameplay like that. Even the extra abilities like faster reloading and all that only makes you build more focused in a style rather changing the gameplay mechanics.

-

Playlists right now are focused on basic or new gametypes. They're updating the playlists every week so old gametpes and new will be coming around evey week.

-

It's more Halo than Reach but at the same time, implementing new features that are core to the current generation o FPS gaming. Halo has always been a mainstream series to pull in a mainstream audience for big sales. That has always been true and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

yes the MP is trying to be like COD (but cod is s hit ffs) and it is for people who run and gun, i have never been a big HALO fan and this one as not done anything to change my mind its a average game at best with a HALO skin whoooooa whoooo, may be i just dont like FPS anymore but i cant play this game to long without feeling board shittless, infact my favorite HALO game as been HALO WARS i know no one here will agree but HALO WARS is the only reason i have brought any HALO game.  I dont get the point of HALO the SP feels like a very lame ME3 and the Spatan ops take like 30min to finish and MP might be good if it wasn,t run and gun but i only played a couple of games (yes i,m bad) but thats not the point.

Halo is not for u then, and after looking at your activity I'd have to agree with u that your tired of FPS's.

Yeah, it's just you.

There are some things that are like COD like the abilities and packages,  but as for gameplay I don't think it is like COD.

I am not talking about gameplay...that's not the issue at all.  I am referring to the Spartan Hub and the MP selections.

halo 3 was only good because it was one of the first decent FPS for the xbox 360 pretty much everthing else around that time sucked, and if Halo 4 is only a better verion of 3 then its pretty lame and i have played the best FPS ever BL2 i guess that whys HALO 4 feels sooooooooooooo lame to me.