is it just me?

or does it feel like the gameplay in the beta is the same as Gears 2? i was hoping that they would at least tweak it and make it a bit better.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The beta feels so easy compared to other Gears games.

I think the beta plays pretty well.  It feels like Gears, which it should.  But the weapons feel better to me.  My lancer wins at long to medium, gnasher wins close to medium, and the SO is good but you only get that 1 shot.  And the SO is a little over powered but if you know they are using it just stay back a little and the gnasher wins with quicker shots.  The lag is usually pretty much non-existance and host advantage is usually minimal.

I think this is a great Gears game so far that feels almost right.  It plays it's own style well and should be long term fun when the full game launches.  

ya its fun. the nice thing is that i noticed the beta doesn't feel laggy like the other 2 games.

It does vary from time to time. It's probably just Epic tweaking the settings trying to find the best setup based upon the feedback they are getting.

Gnasher still seems overpowered and its range too far, but otherwise the game is playing great.

I'm going to miss the beta when it ends since overall it has been pretty fun.

I feel that they have tweaked it very much in weapon form. The weapons all seem to behave a bit differently from the last games and seem to have some better balancing. The lag issues seem to have been resolved greatly although it still gives a lot of crap. In the end, its kind of what Gears 2 should have been with cool new features.

kinda wish they didnt change the suits of the COG :/

Yes i was thinking this too. it is tho, a little faster paced than gears 2. And is there dedicated servers or not? it does'nt seem any different from gears 2.

The Gnasher is overpowered & the range is retarded...What's the use of having the Sawed Off & Gnasher both having 1 shot kills in close combat SMH

[quote user="Earths Massacre"]

The Gnasher is overpowered & the range is retarded...What's the use of having the Sawed Off & Gnasher both having 1 shot kills in close combat SMH

[/quote]

Wait, what? If anything, the Gnasher is currently underpowered due to its complete lack of consistency.

The sawoff shotgun is garbage people just rush and blow you up same with chainsaw , I shoot them with a gnasher while they are running towards me and its like i shoot them with a water pistol. I mean its better than Gears 2 but not Gears 1 . The gnasher is inconsistant and way too much range, And the dedicated servers are a fake i played a game that had Host migration. Also the Lancers especially the retro are WAY to overpowered thats all people use now.